“One of my favorite restaurants in the US”
Review of Ken & Sue's

Ken & Sue's
Reserve with OpenTable
Ken & Sue's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 204 Restaurants in Durango
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: between 6th & 7th on the East Side of Main
Description: Be Our Guest! Owners Ken & Sue Fusco welcome you to their casual, fine dining restaurant. Enjoy great food and great service, all in a comfortable atmostphere. Their Modern American Bistro menu has something for everyone. We promise you'll feel right at home at our place whether just enjoying a night out on the town or a special occasion.
Reviewed December 31, 2013

This was our second time at Ken and Sues and we were totally happy with our meal and service. This time we ate at the bar since it was so busy and were not disappointed a bit. Andy and Mandy took good care of us, making great recommendations for food choices. Everything from the bread to the cocktails were yummy as well.The halibut and salmon were perfectly seasoned and their vegetable choices can't be beat. Can't wait to be back in the area.

1  Thank TravelinMollie
Write a ReviewReviews (1,862)

Reviewed December 30, 2013

My Husband & I were on a trip to Denver, looking for a place in Durango to dine. We had our trusty AAA tour book and a smart phone. We chose this restaurant based on recommendations in our book and online. Ken & Sue's did not disappoint. Although we didn't have a reservation ( the place was packed), we were seated at the bar after a short wait. The menu had a wide varietyt of different selections including some Asian Fusion choices. Our server, Spencer, was very attentive and knowledgeable about the menu items. We had an excellent meal, cozy ambiance, and great service. Next time we're in Durango, we will visit Ken & Sue's!

Reviewed December 29, 2013

We've been coming to Ken & Sue's for years celebrating our anniversary. This is our 40th anniversary meal. Tim was our server and what an enthusiastic professional!

I had: 1. Crispy Pork Belly with Brussel Sprout Slaw, Kimchee Vinaigrette, Cherry-Ginger Glaze. 2. Sesame Seared Rare Tuna, Pickled Ginger, Wasabi and Oriental Slaw. 3. Baby Greens, Gorgonzola, Granny Smith Apples, Toasted Walnuts, Tobacco Onions,
With Roasted Shallot Vinaigrette.
Lynn had: 1. Today’s Soup, which was Asparagus. 2. Tempura Shrimp Satays, Orange-Honey Dipping Sauce.

And of course, Tim brought our usual beverage - Veuve Cliquot Brut.

I'm nuts about pork belly and they do it right! The brussel sprout slaw was wonderful. The ahi was seared just right and the accompanying oriental slaw delectable. The salad was huge and perfect, just wish it had more gorgonzola!

Lynn's bowl of asparagus soup was enormous and so so good. Her tempura shrimp were prepared just as she likes tempura. The dipping sauce was nothing to write home about but was good.

Tim presented the dishes in just the right times, so that neither of us was without anything in front of us. Our water glasses were always full and our champagne always topped up. Tim even took our picture after the meal and presented it to us in a nice frame card. We walked back to our hotel sated! Thank you Ken, Sue, and Tim!

1  Thank 808JimP
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Had the strangest experience there. We called on our way down from the ski mountain to see if they had openings for that night and were told we could be on the patio at 5:15. So we arrive and they can't find our reservation. I showed the hostess the call I made on my phone and she got all flustered. Then she said "well we will get you seated" . I said okay and she turned around and said "well, you're being kind of rude". I was floored. My husband lit into her and she got all flushed and started stuttering. We were about to turn around and leave when the manager came and got us seated. The hostess later came to our table and apologized, which was a very nice thing to do, but it was such a surreal experience that they would call a customer rude when all I did was stand there and wait for a table. Anyhow, from there it got better. The food is excellent. The wine was good but their beer list is limited. The food came out in time, and although the waitress was friendly, she tried too hard to be "professional" to the point where she came off as stuffy and hoity-toity. This is supposed to be a neighborhood favorite, and it should be, based on the food, but the friendliness factor is sorely lacking.

1  Thank thekremers
Reviewed December 26, 2013

The food was very salty, especially the spinach. While using the restroom I encountered our server Jenna who was fighting with one of the chefs. It was very unprofessional. We will never dine at ken & sues again. Very disappointed.

Been to Ken & Sue's? Share your experiences!