“Yummy food. Creative presentation.”
Review of Ken & Sue's

Ken & Sue's
Reserve with OpenTable
Ken & Sue's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 204 Restaurants in Durango
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: between 6th & 7th on the East Side of Main
Description: Be Our Guest! Owners Ken & Sue Fusco welcome you to their casual, fine dining restaurant. Enjoy great food and great service, all in a comfortable atmostphere. Their Modern American Bistro menu has something for everyone. We promise you'll feel right at home at our place whether just enjoying a night out on the town or a special occasion.
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We checked in at the Strater Hotel in Durango and wanted a good restaurant within walking distance. Luckily, we dropped in at one of the area's fresh new stars! Our soups (Portabello Mushroom and Tomato Basil Bisque) were creamy and well-seasoned, accompanied by biscuits and crispy strips. We ordered the Wednesday special (Peanut-Lime Glazed Grilled Salmon with Basmati Rice and Stir Fry Cabbage) which arrived on a platter sporting a Chinese takee-outee box on its side spilling the rice next to the salmon! Creative, fun . . . delicious, too! Would eat there again, for sure!

1  Thank rusha_sams
Write a ReviewReviews (1,875)

Reviewed November 12, 2012

We drove all the way from Castle Rock to Durango just to eat at Ken & Sues, i dont know where to start, The staff were welcoming from when we first walked in and we were made to feel at home. Ken and Sue, i hope you realise what a fantastic bunch of people you have working with you. The food is awesome, Beau the chef is fantastic and your lobster smash should be put on the menu everynight. The waiting/bar staff are accommodating, friendly, and nothing is too much trouble, the drink selection is my downfall i woke up many mornings with a hangover so thanks for that...

1  Thank princess36harrogate
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We had the filet mignon and the pistachio crusted grouper. Both come with sides that go well with the entree. The grouper, which is referred to as their specialty and most popular item, was completely covered with the pistachios; you couldn't taste the fish at all. It would have been much better with the pistachios just on top. However, overall the food was good and the experience a positive one.

1  Thank Catherine A
Reviewed November 9, 2012

After reading all the rave reviews for this restaurant we were expecting a wonderful experience, unfortunately it wasn't. I cannot fault the service our waitress was very attentive and helpful, but the food didn't work. The ingredients were all good, you can tell that they source good quality but unfortunately the concoctions don't work together. I plumped for the meatloaf which sounded good when the plate arrived it was swimming in gravy, I would have preferred the gravy to have been served on the side so I could decide how much or how little I would like on my food. The spinach was over salted (strange for me to ever say that) and spoilt its taste. I wasn't able to finish the meal as the gravy was too overpowering and the meatloaf itself was extremely spicy but then some may like that so its a personal choice. My husband actually had the pork and again the same thing, far too much BBQ sauce on the plate which he had to scrape off. Pork perfectly tender and once you removed most of the sauce he enjoyed it. Served with sweet potato mash and red cabbage cooked in cider? And what's with the fried onion rings on the top of the potato? The cabbage could have worked if the sauce on the pork had not been BBQ. In my personal opinion, too much going on and nothing working.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

My wife and I had anticipated a very enjoyable dinner at Ken and Sue's based on all of the TA reviews, it was far from it. We had 5:45PM reservations and were seated in a very small, dark, cramped rear corner of the restaurant, asked to be seated in a better lit area and were told this was not possible. Ok....when our salad plates were removed before the main course was served so was most of our silverware, the main course was served quickly with no additional silverware reset. Between my wife and I we came up with enough silverware for one of us to eat, no one ever came back to check on the meal or was close enough to get their attention, by the time I did get someone attention my Salmon was stone cold, not enjoable reheated. My wife's order of pork tenderloin was so tough she ate about an eighth of it because she could not cut it. About thirty minutes after we had been served, our waitress finally came back to see how we were doing and became very defensive when told. Needless to say my wife's meal was removed from our bill, which I paid promptly along with a penny tip and we left. So much for our enjoyable evening at Ken and Sue's!

2  Thank renobobs