“A bargain in Durango for a nice, gourmet dinner.”
Review of Cyprus Cafe

Cyprus Cafe
Ranked #20 of 196 Restaurants in Durango
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Anchorage, Alaska
“A bargain in Durango for a nice, gourmet dinner.”
Reviewed December 22, 2009

Appetizer, bottle of wine, 2 meals, 2 desserts & tip = $90. All of the food tasted great, was fresh and well proportioned. Service was efficient and nice/fun/friendly.

Durango, CO
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Friends love it...I hate it”
Reviewed October 24, 2009

I have very strict dietary restrictions. I had asked my waitress to accomodate these by excluding something and then not have the items touch on the plate. None of it was done and my waitress only said well you can just scrap it off. I was stuck eating nothing for the night and then paying $30 for my plate. Not only was the waitress rude and not accomodating she was extremely slow and came around seldom to fill drinks. My husband was also not pleased with his meal.

1 Thank dgorunner
Texas
“Nice change of pace for Durango”
Reviewed October 21, 2009

This place gets mixed reviews - maybe because it's a little hard to categorize. If you're expecting traditional Mediterranean, it's not. I might call it "New Mediterranean". It looks like an inexpensive hole-in-the-wall cafe in an old house, but it's not that, either. It's semi-upscale, and for Durango, a little trendy ... ladies who "do lunch", and that kind of thing.

I've eaten there several times, and I would place it among the better restaurants in Durango (of course, not a big town). Would it make it in L.A. or New York? Maybe, maybe not. And not every dish is 4 stars, but most of them are pretty good. I've always had very good service there, and I like the atmosphere. Eating outside on their covered patio is especially pleasant when the weather is nice. Inside, it's cozy. I think that those who come without any pre-conceived expectations will probably like it better.

1 Thank salvage_team
Kansas City, Mo
“Nice outdoor space, quiet part of town”
Reviewed September 18, 2009

We were in Durango during a massive motorbike rally and all the bars and cafes were packed. We wanted to get off the beaten track and found Cyprus Cafe. Admittedly, we only stayed for drinks and snacks but the surroundings were nice. A pretty outdoor area on a side street means that you don't get the hustle and bustle of the tourist area. The menu looked great - strong on Mediterranean themes, as you can imagine.

East
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pay in cash”
Reviewed August 12, 2009

Ate at Cyprus in July. The food was fesh and good and the atmosphere was pleasant also. Service staff was rude and unresponsive. We were also overcharged on our credit card and their hast at getting that solved is as fast as their service. Durango has MANY great restaurants that you need not waste your time or (extra) money.

1 Thank chainsawnorth

Been to Cyprus Cafe? Share your experiences!