“How did you find your lamb chop? I looked under a lettuce leaf and there it was”
Review of Cyprus Cafe

Cyprus Cafe
Ranked #20 of 196 Restaurants in Durango
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
westport, ontario
Reviewed September 7, 2008

I hate it when I come out of a restaurant hungry after ordering two courses. The Cyprus Cafe is a Mediterranean restaurant and we come from a city that has many Lebanese and Turkish restaurants that serve dishes with the same names as the Cyprus but certainly not the same flavours. The meze platter appetizer had mayonnaisey hummus, baba ganouj that was flavored unlike any baba ganouj we have ever had and not in a pleasant way. The spanakopita was absolutely delicious though. I could have made a meal out of them.

DH had the fattoush salad which was made of Boston lettuce!!!!, about 4 different kinds of peppers including jalapeno!!!!! and way too many black olives as well as tomatoes and cucumber. The salad was also lacking the texture and spices that we associate with this salad . We went there so that I could have the lamb and that was disappointing because the 2 lamb chops were so tiny that trying to find 6 bites of lamb was a chore. We rushed back to our B & B to fill up on cookies. Wish we had gone to Ken and Sue's twice or picked another restaurant.

2 Thank althorper

California
“Horribly slow service”
Reviewed July 9, 2008

Because of the many good reviews for this place, we made reservations to meet relatives there. Service moved at a glacial pace. Must have waited over an hour to get appetizers and two hours for dinner. Lamb chops were overcooked and other dishes were bland. Wait staff blamed the kitchen's "new menu" for the delay, but no drinks or desserts were comped to placate diners for the insufferable wait. Don't go here unless you have about 4 hours to waste on so-so food.

2 Thank Zach4848
Keystone, Colorado
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed May 8, 2008

Had lunch here during the Wine Experience. It was wonderful! The service was impeccable, the shrimp, bread and wine were very good. I'm only sorry we didn't return for dinner! My friend had squash ravioli and it was very good as well.

Definitely the best restaurant we ate at in Durango.

Durango, CO
“a fine night dining out, for hindus fasting”
Reviewed April 19, 2008

BALND! BLAND! BLAND!

If you have little to no sense of taste, and like a cute little cafe with over priced dishes this is the place for you!

Now as a chef I may be a tad hyper-critical. But from prep, to execution, to service... I would give this slop house dressed up as a napa style mediterranean cafe two thumbs down.

Expect to pay somewhere in the neighborhood of $30 for two people during lunch (oops! I forgot, make sure and have some altoids and cocoa puffs in the car to remove that awful taste from your mouth)

In closing... forget this review if you must, but above all forget Cyprus Cafe.

Topher, Durango Colorado

2 Thank 1badtopher
prescottcimo
“may be the best in Durango?”
Reviewed March 13, 2008

My wife and I had lunch here last July. We had two of the best salads I think we ever had anywhere. Nice fresh organic greens and a very tasty dressing. Our sandwiches were also excellent as was the dessert. Can't wait to return.

Been to Cyprus Cafe? Share your experiences!