“Low key and good variety.”

Lady Falconburgh's Barley
Ranked #120 of 192 Restaurants in Durango
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
“Low key and good variety.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Great spot for casual, unpretentious night out. Beer sampler and specials worth checking out. Went with large group, reservations offered which helped. Atmosphere is laid back so can't expect white glove service. Good if you want to relax, enjoy visiting and not feel rushed. Everyone at table enjoyed appetizers and meals. Tuna melt, green chile chicken soup, blue cheese chick sandwich, salads, pot stickers, sweet potato fries, fried green beans, sliders, wings, all with no complaints. Price is right on. Service is fine, especially for a pub-style hangout. If you want "nicer" with "pricier" go to Steamworks. If you're fine with good food at good price and ok with casual service, this is your place.

Albuquerque
“Lackluster server and food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

Our server was slow in taking our order after our group of 6 sat down. The food took forever and was so-so. Maybe the service was so bad because a 20% tip was automatically added to our bill. The place was not busy - it was 1 p.m. on a weekday and we were practically the only ones there except for the locals sitting at the bar. Maybe they don't want visitors to spoil their setting. I won't be back the next time I go to Durango. Too many other good choices.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Winger07
Cortez, Colorado
“Good value on nightly specials”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

Where the local's hang-out. Food was good and hot, try the cheddar cheese beer soup - yummy! Your standard eating & drinking emporium in a college town.

Visited February 2013
Farmington, New Mexico
“Best Brew Pub in Durango”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

Excellent selection of ales on tap (many local) , good selection in bottles as well. Mixed drinks at a decent price. Monday and Thursdays Pints are $3 all day and M-F 4-6 as well. Happy Hour Appetizers 1/2 price. Gumbo and Cheddar Beer Soup are the bomb. Great burgers and salads too. My favorite place to hang out on a cold day or grab the 1/2 sandwhich lunch special with side for $6.75. As you can see, I like good food, great beer and bargain prices. Good selection of >7% beers on tap, although most of them you pay full price (but well worth it!) Come on down and have some fun. Always a comfortable spot with friendly wait staff and bartenders.

• Visited January 2013
League City, Texas
“Horrible, terrible, disappointing waste of my time”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

We came here on Christmas Eve of this year. It was my husband, my brother and I, and we had managed to escape the crazy of a family Christmas for a few hours. It was gorgeous and perfect outside - Christmas eve, softly falling snow, Christmas music playing everywhere - so in the holiday mood.
We decided to stop into the pub after seeing the sign for "Buffalo Chicken sandwiches and 1/2 price Christmas drink specials!". We came down into the basement bar, and my first warning should have been the stink. It has that slight mildewy stink of a basement, and humid air. However, I ignored and decided that was just part of the experience.
We seated ourselves in a cute little corner so we could see everything going on. Ordered 2 beers and a whiskey on the rocks. Took about 10 minutes. About 10 minutes after that, we ordered our food - 2 grilled cheese sandwiches and a buffalo chicken sandwich. No apps, no desserts, nothing complicated...
And then we waited. And waited... and waited. FINALLY, I swear, i am not making this up, at around the 40 minute mark, the waiter came back, asked if we wanted another round. Well, of course we did. We decided to give the food a few more minutes.
TWENTY MINUTES AFTER THAT.... we still didnt have food or beverages, just some empty glasses, and literally, 1 visit from our waiter. I left a $20 on the table and left.
I had wasted an HOUR OF MY CHRISTMAS EVE IN THE SNOW in a crappy, stinky bar waiting on a GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH.
What's crazier, is we went to the pizza place down the street, and saw two of the other families who were at the bar there too. they had given up also! Another couple overheard us talking to the other families about the crazy wait, and they said their kids had disappeared over there 2 hours ago and still hadnt come back either!!!
There were literally maybe 20 guests at the place, it was insane. What was worse, is that we didnt get our drinks, and got checked on by our waiter once.
I am so disappointed, mainly because I cant get that hour back.

• Visited December 2012