New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Rice Monkeys
Ranked #13 of 183 Restaurants in Durango
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Fusion Asian Bistro w/ sushi & many different varieties of rice bowls and noodle bowls
Lubbock, Texas
“Late Night Surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

My family was looking for a place that was a little different. Based on other Trip Advisor reviews, we chose Rice Monkeys. We were not bold in our choices. We had rice bowls with beef and teriyaki chicken. Both were delicious. We also loved the house salad. The ingredients were very fresh and the dressing was fantastic. The workers were super friendly.

The only thing I would change is the bar height of the tables and chairs. They were uncomfortable.

When we return, we'll definitely have Rice Monkeys on our list.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Awesome food (but order takeout!!!)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

This restaurant barely has very few spots to sit down. The food is awesome so I would recommend just getting takeout and taking it down to the river for a picnic.
Great vegetarian options.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Hot Springs, Arkansas
“I Left Hungry!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

I went in and there was two seats left in this tiny cramped space with uncomfortable seating the waitress came and got my drink order and menu and then you had to get up and go to the counter to order and pay
My tea came I ordered green tea 3.00 , then came my soup 3.50 and steamed rice 2.00 then I waited for my sushi and my rice got cold while I was eating my soup my sushi finally came no wasabi cause they put a few small dots of a spicy sauce on it so I sent the rice back for hot rice and asked for more hot water for my tea ! I ordered a certain kind of tuna and I got a lesser grade, huuuum all I can say is I left hungry and was not impressed and will not recommend or be back I spent 24.00 on a sub parr lunch !+ a tip yes I tipped!

Visited August 2014
3 Thank lblack5219
Austin
“Surprising Hole in the Wall”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

Small place with limited seating but excellent noodle and rice bowls. Loved the sesame beef and the vegetarian summer rolls.

Visited July 2014
San Diego, California
“Small space but big flavor and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

We chose not to at here the first time we walked by due to the small space and the atmosphere wasn't ;interesting'. That was our mistake as we (my boyfriend and I) both felt this was the best sushi restaurant in Durango. The food was reasonably priced, the amount of food was proper for the price and the food tasted good. When you are on vacation, sometimes things aren't always going to line up such as the look of the restaurant (being a store front versus a big sit down fancy) or the menus (a small two-sided plastic menu versus a big colorful 5 page extensive menu). Let go of expectations and go with your gut. The food was tasty although we only had a single roll each. It was fresh, 10 pieces a roll and those around us seemed happy as well. There was a wait outside for the tables which to be honest, there weren't many but it was also closing time and they were still busy. I would definitely recommend.

Visited July 2014