“High end but well worth it”

Sow's Ear Dinner & Libations
Reserve with OpenTable
Sow's Ear Dinner & Libations is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #46 of 208 Restaurants in Durango
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Located inside the Silver Pick Lodge
Reviewed July 19, 2017 via mobile

Excellent steaks, so so crab cakes, well done seasonal vegetables, varied menu, including vegetarian alternatives.Comfortable ambiance with excellent service and a very adequate wine list. Enjoyable, if a little expensive,dining experience.

Reviewed July 15, 2017

This was probably our 6th time to Sow's Ear and they never disappoint! We get the Filet au Poivre and it's honestly the best steak we've ever had anywhere. Their spinach artichoke dip is to die for too! We will definitely return whenever we are in Durango.

Reviewed July 9, 2017

Appetizer portions are great for a light dinner. I had the smoked trout, which was a bit dry, but went well with the dilled cream cheese and crostini. My husband enjoyed the
crab cakes with crispy avocado. Limited wines by the glass, but large list of bottles. You can eat at the small bar.

NOTE for ADA issues. This restaurant is up a flight of stairs and it is a 2-level restaurant.

Reviewed July 7, 2017 via mobile

Just visited Sow's Ear with my husband. Definitely one of the best restaurants that we visited. My husband had the steak and I had the duck breast. Both are so tender and full of flavors. The dessert is really good too. Don't hesitate to visit there!

Reviewed June 28, 2017

I love this place and have been going here for years. My favorite thing is to eat at the bar but it's small and frequently with no room but they have ample of tables, many with great views. I have never been here when it is "packed" but they work on a pretty lean staff and I would recommend reservations.

Generally their menu is beef and fish with an emphasis on local foods such as trout, elk, lamb and chicken. Prices are actually very reasonable in my opinion especially given the quality and restaurant location.

My one gripe: on our recent Durango area visit, they were closed Saturday for a wedding and always closed Monday and Tuesday in the summer (or, at least this past week). Unfortunately, we did not get to visit Sow's Ear.