“Local favorite for drinks, music, good service and great atmosphere.”

Derailed Pour House
Ranked #2 of 196 Restaurants in Durango
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Long time locals, Todd, Lisa and Grant Gibson have been part of the Durango community for 22 years. As Bayfield residents, Todd spent many years as a volunteer firefighter, including fighting the Missionary Ridge fires. Lisa's passion for entertaining led to the family's purchase of Farquarhts in 2008. Starting as Derailed Saloon and then transitioning over the last 7 years into a warm & welcoming Speak Easy style venue, that has become the "The Pour House". Lisa and Todd have worked whole heartedly to maintain a clean, safe, friendly, fun and affordable atmosphere in a warm and welcoming environment, which creates not just a night out on the town but a true Durango experience. Lisa knows and states that "she is only as good as her people" which is evident by her appreciation of her staff and customers. She embraces all that it takes to have a place where anyone can go, alone or with a group, and feel that they belong. The Pour House caters to all your needs. Projection screens and a sound system make this spot an ideal location for fundraising and other professional events. Scratch-made food prepared daily using locally grown, seasonal ingredients, craft martinis and cocktails, 14 draft beers and an affordable wine list only adds to the versatility of this bar. A grand mahogany bar from 1890s Silverton, a wood burning fireplace, open-air windows, 6 large HD TVs and 3 big screens creates the perfect environment to enjoy our large variety of appetizers and shared plates. Local and traveling musicians and a dueling piano bar only add to the Speak Easy feel of this local bar & restaurant that you can call your own. Come on in to experience this one of a kind place in the heart of Durango. Don't miss our dueling piano events on select Friday & Saturday nights! Music starts at 8:30pm.
Durango, Colorado
“Local favorite for drinks, music, good service and great atmosphere.”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

I have lived in Durango all my life and this is the place I choose to take guests and friends. We love this place and you can always find us here Friday nights. Snowdown 2014 was spent here and we returned Sunday for the Superbowl. Thanks for all the great service, the great bands and all the fun memories.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Charlene S

Orlando, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome people, great place to spend the night!”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

My wife, brother, and a few friends walked into this b place because it was one of the first places that we saw to get a drink. What we thought would just be a quick drink or two ended up being almost 4 hours. We had awesome service and the prices were very reasonable for drinks. The owner came up to us and made sure that everything was going well and it was more sincere than you would expect, and he ended up talking to us for about 15 minutes.

If you are looking for a place that you can relax and have a good drink with great service, this is your place!! This will be one of my regular stops on Main!!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Randy R
Hesperus, Colorado, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Music in town for Snowdown”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

While celebrating my birthday during Snowdown I stumbled across this GEM. The music just drew me in even before I could find my friends. Once I caught up to my friends I had to get back to this bar to finish my revelry for the night. The owner personally gave me a birthday drink ;-) Everyone was friendly, just an awesome experience. While there, I noticed they offer acoustic blues on Thursday nights, I will definitely plan on returning for dinner and some live blues!!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Kathy H
Durango, Colorado
“Best Place to Host a Super Bowl Party!”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

About a dozen of us booked a reservation for the stage at Derailed for the Super Bowl this year. Owner Todd was very welcoming and accommodating and especially grateful that we were all Broncos' fans. Server Livia was awesome, delivering fabulous service and a great attitude while we kicked back in leather couches, sipped cold beer and tried not to cry into our delicious plates of food while the Broncos humiliated themselves. Highly recommend this venue for late night gatherings or a satisfying meal (particularly the stromboli's! hint: for exceptional goodness, try with olives and pepperonis). Thanks, Todd and Livia, for a super fun evening despite the circumstances! Go Broncos! Sniff...

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank joy m
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Snowdown fun had by all!”
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Last night my friends and I spent the evening at Derailed Pour House. It was Saturday night and a great way to celebrate our towns annual Snowdown festivities! We spent the evening dancing to an awesome live band that paid tribute to 80's and 90's music. Our server was very attentive and efficient. We never had to wait for him to serve us. Todd the owner was very visible behind the bar as well as making his rounds in the restaurant to meet and greet people. The restaurant has a wonderful small town feel with everyone knowing each other. Thank you for making our night out easy, extremely fun with the live band and dancing and making us feel at Home!

Visited February 2014