“Great sandwiches, pretty expensive”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Yellow Carrot

The Yellow Carrot
Ranked #7 of 13 Dessert in Durango
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Bayfield, Colorado
“Great sandwiches, pretty expensive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

While the sandwiches are by far the best I have had in Durango, the price makes it daunting to go there alone. I would love to eat there more often but the price drives me away for I think it silly to pay 10 dollars for a sandwich. It is the price for gourmet I guess.

• Visited April 2013

Aspen, Colorado
“Don't look anywhere else!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

Last fall, my wife and I booked Yellow Carrot to cater our wedding in Durango, at Blue Lake Ranch. From beginning to end, the experience we had with them completely exceeded our expectations beyond description. Sari and her crew MADE our wedding and I would strongly urge anyone that's hosting an event in the area to use them if you want it to be fantastic.

We also used YC for more than just catering services. They took care of set-up/break-down & clean up, flowers, table cloths, lighting, extra furniture, general decorating, even bartending! Sari was the reason that we didn't need a wedding planner. She provided one-stop shopping for the event and helped us avoid a mountain of hassle if we had contracted everything individually. Prior to the wedding, any changes or questions we had, Sari and her team were immediately responsive, always friendly and exceedingly helpful. Sari even built specialty furniture my wife wanted for the reception. There was nothing they couldn't make happen!

We walked the reception area immediately prior to the wedding to see how it looked. Even though my wife had a good idea of what the set-up would be, she was still brought to tears as she saw it all for the first time.

The service started with a pre-ceremony cocktail made of Sari's famous basil limeade and champagne, a truly one-of-a-kind drink that's refreshing and delicious. There was also an outdoor station set up with popcorn and beet chips (another YC original, very addictive) for snacking before dinner. Dinner service consisted of 3 different food stations, each very well presented with its own theme. We had chosen sliders, fajitas / nachos, and mac 'n cheese. This was a tough choice as they offer you extensive choices from a big menu beforehand, but the Mac 'n cheese station is a must for all events- our guests went CRAZY for it and are seriously still talking about it 6 months later. In fact, we had more than one person tell us (beyond the point of politeness) that it was the best food they'd ever had, let alone at a wedding! A decadent dessert station came next with a big selection of awesome goodies: pecan pie cookies, brownies, mousse, cupcakes, and more- our guests were literally snatching up the deserts faster than Sari could put them out!

On top of providing mind blowing dinner service,Sari and her team also took care of everything at the end of the night. We left at the reception worry-free knowing YC would take care of everything. From decor, to liquor to gifts, YC carefully stored all our items for pick up the next morning, Sari even took care of getting us refunded for our unopened spirits from Liquor World, (which was awesome too, separate review), saving us another trip! Billing was very straight-forward and transparent. Everything was clearly itemized so there was never a question of where our costs were coming from. Everyone we dealt with at YC was extremely responsive to us throughout the entire process and whatever we paid was not enough! Overall, they went the extra mile from start to finish and we highly, highly recommend them. A huge thanks to Sari, Ginny and the team, you truly made our day better than we ever could've imagined it!"

• Visited September 2012
3 Thank LolaPiggies
Durango
“Everything is Top Notch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

I've had several sandwiches and desserts from the Yellow Carrot. Their presentation and deliciousness is so signature that anytime I'm at a party and I'm eating something that is so tasty I can immediately tell that it's from the Yellow Carrot. I have had several dinners catered for my office and more people stay late to work when I tell them that we ordered from the Yellow Carrot. Pricing is reasonable and service is top notch!

• Visited October 2012
Austin, Texas
“Highly Recommend!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

We attended a wedding reception catered by The Yellow Carrot, and we're blown away. Not only was food beautifully displayed, it was inventive and delicious. Everything had an original twist on it that was tasty, inventive and unique. It was so good, we stopped by the store on the way out of town and picked up a roast beef and cheese sandwich (the best sandwich I have ever had) some basil ginger limeade (amazing!) and one of their bomb bars. I crave all of it! Stop by and treat yourself. It isnt cheap, but it is well worth it.

Durango, Colorado
“best cupcakes ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

you'll never be able to eat another cupcake and think, "its good, but it's no yellow carrot" !!! Food is awesome too!

Visited July 2012