TripAdvisor
Durango
Post
Inbox
Search

“Best Breakfast in Durango, Owner is Unsung Local Hero”
Review of Cj's

Cj's
Ranked #64 of 217 Restaurants in Durango
Cuisines: American
Reviewed November 8, 2014

I come here for the consistently great breakfast, and feel great every time I leave know that I am supporting not only a local family-owned quality establishment, but also supporting an owner who routinely donates his food and time to local organizations and families, including the schools and those who have lost loved ones. Plus my gut is all full of great chow and I feel like a big ol' bear who has to go lie down in the bushes and sleep it off for a day or so until I'm hungry again. The service is great, prices are right, and I love the red chili on anything I order for breakfast. I lean toward Ben's Favorite, a variant of huevos rancheros. Awesome baby! Coffee cups stay full. Unlike other reviewers, I don't think the place is cramped to the point it detracts from the experience any more than any other place in Durango especially. Lots of local sports photos on the walls. It ain't fancy, but that's fine by me. Not open for dinner and not open sundays (ah, hell).

Date of visit: October 2014
Write a reviewReviews (59)

Reviewed October 31, 2014

Our Contiki tour group was in Durango for the day and a group of us were on the lookout for a place for lunch. We came across CJ's by accident and gave this place a go. It was certainly well worth it as we were very happy with the food and service. The service was fast and the waitress that served us was very friendly. Definitely well worth visiting for a meal.

Date of visit: August 2014
1  Thank Chris S
Reviewed August 7, 2014

Friendly and fast. A bit cramped inside as in too many tables for the space. But the owner was friendly, waitress prompt, food uninspired but edible, the restaurant was clean. Lots of locals were eating here so that is a good sign. We had omelets, French toast, and a burger. Nothing was awe inspiring, just edible.

Date of visit: July 2014
1  Thank 2462skiing
Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

This is probably the best place in Durango for breakfast. You can tell the locals love it so it has to be good. This is a bit off the "tourist" path but well worth it. My favorite breakfast during my trip and they have all the basics covered as well as some really great mexican style choices. The staff was awesome as they treat you like a local! Get business, great food.

Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

CJ's one of the best-kept breakfast secrets in Durango but it also has some of the best prices the best service the best green chili and red chili in town why would you waste your money going anywhere else? this place is a local for real, honest to goodness breakfast place

2  Thank revDB

Been to Cj's? Share your experiences!