“Love their Happy Hour”

Chimayo Stone Fired Kitchen
Ranked #13 of 204 Restaurants in Durango
Cuisines: Southwestern
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Chimayo Stone Fired Kitchen is a contemporary American bistro with a southwestern flair. Fresh salads, creative small plates, artisanal pizzas, and fire-roasted steaks, chicken and seafood are prepared in twin 600+ degree stone hearth ovens in an open kitchen. The Owners have restored the interior of the historic Century Building on Main Avenue, revealing turn-of-the century Carnegie steel support beams, the original maple hardwood floor and decorative tin ceiling tiles, and the original brick wall. These historical elements, along with the expo kitchen, rollup windows, and 35-foot curved bar, create an urban industrial loft setting for a unique Durango dining experience.
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We have been here only for Happy Hour. It was great with good choices of food and drinks. We were totally satisfied and appreciated that our server reminded us that HH was almost over so we could get one last order in. We chose stuffed mushrooms, the hot cheese dip and the pizza. It was plenty for 4 to share.
The place is beautiful inside, with an open hearth oven in the back. The flickering flames added to the ambiance. Highly recommended for Happy Hour fans (3-6pm)

1  Thank 123,456,735,805

Reviewed October 15, 2013

I remember reading about a lot of other restaurants in Durango that had better reviews than Chimayo, but alas it was a Friday night and there were lines at the restaurants, so we ended up at Chimayos. We were seated immediately and our server was excellent. She talked to us about Durango and gave really good recommendations and advice. We ordered our dinner, pork tacos and sausage mac and cheese, and we weren't really expecting it to be anything to write home about, but I can honestly say we were both pleasantly surprised at how good it was. It actually exceeded my expectations! I would eat there again any time.

1  Thank greenlimo
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I go here every time I am in Durango. I get the same thing. Pork roasted tacos. They are excellent with a great slaw. My husband got skirt steak sandwich and it was excellent as well.

1  Thank TA4189
Reviewed October 9, 2013

This is situated on the high street with open windows where you can enjoy your meal people watching first hand!
Excellent service from the staff.
The food was delicious and arrived in quick time. I had the crab cakes and hubby had the steak sandwich.

1  Thank Lesley C
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Well to start let me make a point saying this place was amazing. Best cocktail bar I may have ever been to, by far best in CO (I just came from Manhattan, Boston, Nashville, Denver, and many other places on my trip and visited some rather well known places) The food was absolutely fantastic, the bartender, Aaron, was a true top notch in knowledge and presentation, I myself am a veteran bartender, and you will not find better.

2  Thank Gareth_poe