“Great place to bring the family while getting a massage.”

Trimble Hot Springs
Ranked #1 of 11 Spas & Wellness in Durango
More attraction details
Owner description: The only geothermal waters, day spa, and lodging resort in Durango, Colorado, Trimble Spa and Natural Hot Springs is open to the public year-round. Our mineral-rich hot pools are relaxing and therapeutic. Sooth sore muscles and detox in our saunas. Swim laps in the largest outdoor, heated Olympic-sized pool year round. Get the kinks out with massage and body treatment...Great for relaxation and therapeutic rehab.
Reviewed July 17, 2009

I brought my wife and 3 girls here (ages 12 to 4.5) for a relaxing afternoon after 3 days rafting the San Juan in Utah. The great thing about this place is that both my wife and I could get a massage. While one of us got the treatment, the other could hang out at the beautiful hot springs or cool water pool with our girls. The lawn area was fantastic, with great shady spots & sunny spots. We brought a picnic lunch in a cooler which was very pleasant. The admission for the kids was a little pricy, so bring along their discount coupons you can get online to save a few bucks.

1  Thank Brad B
"per adult"
"warm rolls"
"close to town"

Reviewed August 20, 2008

I love this spa, because of it's unique and affordable spa packages. I have been 3 times and have always received great service. The rates have always matched what they list online and they have always honored their coupons with me. If I lived closer this spa would have to be a monthly visit.

Reviewed July 18, 2008

Not knowing what to expect, and a little worried after reading the other reviews, I was concerned about our stay. There was nothing to worry about. The Starlight Room was wonderful! Fresh flowers in the room and chocolates on the bed! There is only one room on the premises, so we didn't have the noise of other guests to deal with, nor did we hear the noise from the regular hot spring pools. The "red rock" pool is used by people getting treatment at the spa, but we had it entirely to ourselves in the late afternoon and at night. Regular amenities in the room, and yes there is an AC (right over the bed as a matter of fact). Was a wonderful two nights, so we decided to make it a third.

Reviewed June 19, 2008

We almost didn't attempt to stay in the Starlight Room at Trimbe Hot Springs after reading another review on this site, but thankfully, we decided to check it out for ourselves and had a fantastic experience. It depends on your expectations....if you are looking for a 5 star resort experience, this may not be your first choice, but if you are looking for a clean, comfortable, friendly and private experience you will be very pleasantly surprised! We pulled into Trimble Hot Springs late in the day without reservations. Everyone was very helpful and welcoming and set up the room for us quickly. The room is absolutely beautiful, has a small refridgerator, microwave, coffee maker, TV with Direct TV, hairdryer; all that you might expect or want in a room. Truffles were left on the very comfortable bed for us and robes to wear around the property. The bathroom is super clean with a fantastic shower (including plenty of hot water!), and there is AC; it was a hot day (90) and the room cooled down quickly at night by opening the door and window to allow in the cool evening air. There is a semi-private porch and back patio with beautiful landscaping. And, use of the small, semi-private hot tub right outside the room. The spa closes around 8:30PM and the public hot springs close at 10PM in the summer, so you basically have the place to yourself all night. We also took advantage of a yoga class in a nice studio around the corner from our room, and were lucky to be able to watch the fire dancers under a full moon on the night we were there. All of this for a very reasonable price; we felt it was the best room in the Durango area for the money. It met all our needs and more! We left rested, relaxed and very happy. There's no front desk to call in this place as the Starlight Room is the only room rented, but a cell phone number was left for us if we needed anything and we were given a gate opener to come and go as we pleased. We highly recommend this special oasis!

See more reviews
Reviewed May 19, 2008

We rented the starlight room thinking that we would have a nice relaxing night! NOT!!!!!!!!! HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE

1) No air conditioner that we could locate. Since I suffer from severe allergies, we could not open the windows hence we ended up with a very hot and stuffy room. Sleep was impossible!

2)PRVIATE red rock spa pool was in NO WAY PRIVATE. We had people joining us in our "private pool" several times. The management suggested we tell the intruders that it was ours and private. It is not my job to tell intruders that I have paid big bucks for the use of this and they are not entitled to be there! Confrontation on my vacation is not what I paid for! Finally after suggesting for the third time that intruders leave(approx 10 pm) we took our wine went to our stuffy room.

3)No water for a shower. I got my shower in the am but my husband got in to shower and got about 2 minutes into his shower and the water went off and did not come back on!! I assume that the water is tied into the lawn sprinkler system because the sprinkler system came on about the same time he lost water in the shower!

4)Two days after checkout we get a phone call accusing of us taking their gate opener. We left the gate opener exactly where the staff told us to. Obviously there is a lack of communication between staff members!

1  Thank okietravels
philosophistical, Marketing Manager at Trimble Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2010

It's unfortunate that the guests feel they had an unhappy experience and even at this late date and even with the great reviews we have received, we wish to respond. Our best guess of what might have happened, since the Trip Advisor review is the first we heard of it is . . . . : #1: The AC is in the window above the bed and has been there ever since we remember. The guests didn't ask where to find it, as far as we know. #2: Our Red Rock Spa Pool is available to Starlight Room guests privately after hours, which some nights is 8:30 or 9 pm. We appreciate our guests contacting us when they think that anyone not entitled to use the pool is using it. #3: We never heard of the shower not working and to our knowledge it works quite well. We have excellent, professional staff available at all hours, and we sure would have helped out if there were a problem. #4: Guests sometimes forget to return the remote gate opener, so we call to remind them to return it. We don't consider that theft, rather simple forgetfulness. If indeed our Spa receptionist called the guests, we believe she was sincerely merely trying to find it. Trimble Spa and Natural Hot Springs new owners appreciate all of our guests and we work hard to provide the kind of experience we would want to have ourselves.