Book In Advance
More Information

Ways to Experience Animas River
from $56.00
More Info
All reviews dog park bike trail lots of fun rafting trip animas rapids kayak silverton train whitewater float rafts picnic stream parts mountains scenery
Selected filters
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Alot of people were paddling kayaks down the river and made it look like a lot of fun, but I spent my few hours fly fishing and fishing was great.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

I love to walk along the river and watch for all the wildlife. We see deer, elk (sometimes) rabbits, squirrels, chipmunks and lots of birds. The river offers beautiful scenery to experience.

2  Thank Katollie
Reviewed August 21, 2012

The Animas river trail is such a treat. We enjoy staying in lodging on the river to enjoy the beauty, watch the rafters and folks out enjoying Durango. You can run, walk, and bike. There's even a skate board park. The view and scenery is breathtaking any time of year. All the stress melts away as you enjoy the beauty!

Date of experience: July 2012
1  Thank kniff
Reviewed August 8, 2012

this is the first time my daughter and I kayaked, the mild to wild rafting group was well above average. we kayaked with our guide not only did he take care of us he told us alot of history of some of the different areas of Durango. We took the train ride up to Soaring. and the river was out of this world. cutting through the mountain. the class 4 and 5 rapids. breath taking

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Rafting in Durango right now is a joke - the water is too low. My girls (8 and 10) were bored silly. Save your money - you don't need a guide. Just go in an innertube and you won't get stuck as often!

Date of experience: July 2012