“Fun tubing!”

and up
Zip Line and Family Rafting Package
Ranked #9 of 73 things to do in Durango
Reviewed September 7, 2012

You can buy your own tubes at Wally World and just get into the river! I would get off before 'smelter' as it gets a little rough. Just ask someone where the entry point to the river is, go about 45 minutes or sim and you'll avoid smelter. Be safe with children and even shallow water, when rushing, is dangerous. We had a blast.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Alot of people were paddling kayaks down the river and made it look like a lot of fun, but I spent my few hours fly fishing and fishing was great.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

I love to walk along the river and watch for all the wildlife. We see deer, elk (sometimes) rabbits, squirrels, chipmunks and lots of birds. The river offers beautiful scenery to experience.

2  Thank Katollie
Reviewed August 21, 2012

The Animas river trail is such a treat. We enjoy staying in lodging on the river to enjoy the beauty, watch the rafters and folks out enjoying Durango. You can run, walk, and bike. There's even a skate board park. The view and scenery is breathtaking any time of year. All the stress melts away as you enjoy the beauty!

1  Thank kniff
Reviewed August 8, 2012

this is the first time my daughter and I kayaked, the mild to wild rafting group was well above average. we kayaked with our guide not only did he take care of us he told us alot of history of some of the different areas of Durango. We took the train ride up to Soaring. and the river was out of this world. cutting through the mountain. the class 4 and 5 rapids. breath taking

Been to Animas River? Share your experiences!