“Mesa Verde - Frank Miller was great!!!”

Mountain Waters Rafting & Adventure Company
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Since 1981! Family & High Adventure Rafting, 4x4 Jeep Trail Tours, Mesa Verde National Park Tours, Official Durango Silverton Train Raft & Rail Package, Zip Line, Rock Climbing, Bicycle & SUP Rentals, Value Packages, Group, Military & Senior Discounts.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Stroller parking, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed June 21, 2017

Frank Miller was our tour guide and he did an excellent job. He was very knowledgeable and entertaining. He understood our family's limitations and worked around them. I would recommend this tour to anyone, even those who have been to Mesa Verde in the past.

RiverJames, Owner at Mountain Waters Rafting & Adventure Company, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2017

The Mesa Verde National Park tour is new to our offerings at Mountain Waters Rafting which is why we decided to bring in a seasoned veteran guide like Frank who has been living his passion for nearly 20 years! Half native american and born and raised in the area, you won't find a more knowledgeable, qualified and entertaining guide. We are glad you enjoyed the experience and thank you for writing your review, Cheers!

All reviews
in 12 reviews
"the bus"
in 27 reviews

Reviewed June 20, 2017

Mountain Waters Rafting is the BEST! I have taken rafting trips with them the last four years, and every time has been not only safe, but also super fun. This year I brought along my sister-in-law from Kansas for her first white water rafting experience and after today I think she just might be hooked! The high water and new changes to the park made today's experience particularly that much more exciting. I was stoked that I got to go through the class 4 rapids in the water park TWICE! The rapids there are totally worth it! Our guide today Dominique (aka "Dom") was AWESOME!!! She had a super positive personality, was knowledgable and safe, and made our rafting experience that much more fun. All of the other guides with the fleet of boats on our trip today were very professional and lots of fun too. I highly recommend rafting with Mountain Waters, and if you are lucky enough to have Dom as your raft guide you'll be in for a treat. She's the best! I have no doubt her mom is very proud. :)

Rafting the Animas River in Durango has been exciting for our guides over the last 4 years as the city keeps adding features to the white water park. I think only a repeat customer like yourself would notice so thanks for letting everyone else know in your review, that's awesome and appreciated as is our guide Dom and her proud mom. Sounds like you might be ready for a high adventure Class 4 or Class 5 raft trip on either the Upper Animas River out of Silverton, or the Piedra River near Pagosa Springs, Cheers!

Reviewed June 20, 2017 via mobile

I should start by saying I had a fantastic raft trip, with a slight mishap. My friend and I (both empty nesters in our 50's) signed up for the 4 hour rafting trip. We decided that we were going to do the class 4 water park that was an optional part of the trip.

We were so fortunate to land in Mark May's raft. He was fantastic. He is personable, safe and told a bunch of stupid (but cute) jokes. He clearly has a lot of experience. I highly recommend traveling with him.

We had another little issue. We did the class 4 the first time with no problem. It was so much fun. We were offered an option of doing it again. So we did. That trip didn't turn out so well. Both my friend and I and 1 other man ended up in the water and under the boat briefly. My friend and other guy were able to get to the raft, I was not. I managed to get to the edge where I hung on to a rock. The water was pretty intense for my level of experience. Holding on was a little stressful.

The bonus to this whole story is that Mountain Water Rafting takes safety pretty seriously and they sent along a crew of 3 rescuers with the raft trip. So a big huge thank you to Doug for coming to pull me off the side of the river. He was super nice and he really helped calm me down.

All in all the experience was amazing. Now we have a story to tell. Special thank you to Mark May. You really made our trip an exceptional one.

Safety, professionalism and cute jokes? Sounds like Mountain Waters Rafting! I love hearing that Doug and the safety team where there for you when the raft came of the rails on your second ride through the white water park. We are super proud of our safety record and this high water season has been a blast Thank you for your review!

Reviewed June 20, 2017

OMG, we had so much fun rafting with Josh! We joined another couple and a trio of sisters on our afternoon raft trip. None of us really had any rafting experience but Josh put us all at ease. We spent about 2 hours rafting and all seven of us had a great time. And there were lots of great photos from the trip afterwards (for separate purchase but a really good deal). Would totally do this again!

Rafting the Animas River in Durango has been the best since 2010 due to all the snow Colorado received in the San Juan Mountains this winter. Our jeep tours have just started rolling now that the mountain passes are open and the flowers and scenery should be unparalleled this year for the same reason, tons of water! Glad you had a great time with Josh, Cheers!