Open today: 7:00 AM - 9:00 PM

from $161.67
from $198.98
from $97.44
1,496 results
All reviews the river lower animas half day trip great guide class rapids great trip great rafting white water these guys super fun rafting adventure a lot of fun first timers water level year olds the bus fun experience
Selected filters
Reviewed May 30, 2017 via mobile

Recently traveled to Durango-- two families together. Took a 4 hour trip down the river with excellent guide Matthew Riggins. Trip could not have been better. All the staff were terrific, suiting us up with everything we needed and 100% dedicated to ensuring everyone in our group had a fantastic time. Highly recommend!!

Date of experience: May 2017
RiverJames, Owner at Mountain Waters Rafting & Adventure Company, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2017

Thank you, Matt's mom will be happy to know he is excellent, Cheers!

Reviewed May 30, 2017

I am 57 years old with a decent backlog of raft experience. Nevertheless, with a private trip down the Grand Canyon scheduled later this year. I wanted to increase my skill set for rafting. I took the 7 consecutive day class that Mountain Waters Rafting (MWR) offers to recruit guides (and allows people like me to sign up). What a blast and what great instructors - there is a huge focus on safety - while fun may be the reason a customer signs up, MWR spends a lot of time teaching safety skills including the safest lines to take on the whitewater. They also work hard at teaching communication skills with guides and clients. Their emphasis on teamwork fosters a great employee atmosphere. I was impressed on their emphasis of respecting the rights of the private boater as compared to the commercial boater at the put-in and take-out places along the river. I feel very fortunate to have completed this class with a great group of instructors and new guides.

Date of experience: May 2017

U R dear2me as well bdear2me for taking the time to write this review which goes to the core of our philosophical framework here at Mountain Waters.
Safety + Teamwork + Respect = Tons O Fun!
Cheers,!

Reviewed May 29, 2017 via mobile

I've been to Durango a few times and have personally floated the animas on everything except a commercial raft. I decided to go with this company after reading and hearing great reviews, and the booth was located right outside my hotel next to Albertsons. I was a little worried going solo but when I met my guide for the day Taylor (aka Bama) I knew I was in good hands. The river was really flowing that day at 2500 cfs and Taylor assured our boat the we would be having a lot a fun especially in the white water park. The trip was a BLAST and Bama is not only a great guide but funny, the trip was smooth and exciting. I won't raft with another company in Durango and I'm excited to check out the operation the have earlier in the year in AZ on the salt river.

Date of experience: May 2017
RiverJames, Owner at Mountain Waters Rafting & Adventure Company, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2017

Awesome Greg, thanks for the kind words and we look forward to seeing you in Arizona next March or April, Cheers!

Reviewed May 28, 2017 via mobile

We had a great time on the 4 pm Econ (2 hour) rafting tour. Our guide, Michael, was the best! He was very knowledgeable about the river and had some great stories to share. The scenery was amazing and the water was a chilly 40 degrees in late May. Highly recommend this adventure. Great value.

Date of experience: May 2017

Glad you enjoyed your trip Vikki. That water will be chilly for a while folks, it is snow melt from the mountains and there is a lot of it up there still. This means the water will be strong, fun and fast so consider the longer more popular 4 hour trip as well as the very affordable thermal gear rentals for this time of year. More river time = More Fun, Cheers!

Reviewed May 28, 2017

My Family and I recently stayed in Durango at the Holiday Inn. We did a last min. spur of the moment trip and had nothing really planned. When we approached the front desk they informed us of this company. We booked a 2 hour rafting trip and went with BAMA!

The Trip was amazing, Bama informed us that he would be letting a new guide row for the first time (Abe I believe) but he would be on the boat in case anything was to happen. You can tell from the very start that safety is priority #1 for this company. Bama gave a very well detailed safety speech educating us for things that could happen and what to do in those situations, after we pushed off I was impressed with how well this first time guide did guiding us down the river, that says a lot about the training they go through. Throughout our trip we were informed about all the best places to visit and check out during our stay. We were even handed coupons at the end of the trip for local restaurants and breweries! What other company treats you this well?!

We will deffantly be back to Durango thanks to Bama and Mountain Waters!

Also read up on all the other trips they offer, this company does it all! Can't wait to be back!

Date of experience: May 2017
RiverJames, Owner at Mountain Waters Rafting & Adventure Company, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2017

Abe, like Bama, are outstanding people and what we look for in new hires to represent Mountain Waters Rafting. Guiding skills go hand in hand with safety and professionalism and the reason the company gathers weekly to talk and share our knowledge with the up and coming rookie guides. Thanks so much for being Abe's first commercial crew of rafters, it is a memory of a lifetime for both parties, Cheers!