“Awesome Rafting Experience”

and up
Economy Durango River Rafting Trip
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Since 1981! Family & High Adventure Rafting, 4x4 Jeep Trail Tours, Mesa Verde National Park Tours, Official Durango Silverton Train Raft & Rail Package, Zip Line, Rock Climbing, Bicycle & SUP Rentals, Value Packages, Group, Military & Senior Discounts.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Stroller parking
Reviewed May 30, 2017

This is out second time using Mountain Waters for a rafting excursion. Michael was an AWESOME guide today. He really worked with our kids (7 - 12) and made them feel like they were part of the experience versus just having them along for the ride.I would recommend him to anyone. Full of interesting facts and great ideas not only during the trip but ideas for things to do in Durango for after the ride was over. Thanks Michael!

The half day trip is perfect for families with small kids. Even the economy tour was almost an hour and a half on the water. Plenty of time for my kids.

Date of experience: May 2017
RiverJames, Owner at Mountain Waters Rafting & Adventure Company, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2017

Thanks Caryn, we strive to have our guides be more than just excellent oarsmen, but to round out the whole experience by engaging their guests and sharing what they know about this awesome town and area, Cheers!

All reviews
in 36 reviews
"whole family"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed May 30, 2017 via mobile

Recently traveled to Durango-- two families together. Took a 4 hour trip down the river with excellent guide Matthew Riggins. Trip could not have been better. All the staff were terrific, suiting us up with everything we needed and 100% dedicated to ensuring everyone in our group had a fantastic time. Highly recommend!!

Date of experience: May 2017

Thank you, Matt's mom will be happy to know he is excellent, Cheers!

Reviewed May 30, 2017

I am 57 years old with a decent backlog of raft experience. Nevertheless, with a private trip down the Grand Canyon scheduled later this year. I wanted to increase my skill set for rafting. I took the 7 consecutive day class that Mountain Waters Rafting (MWR) offers to recruit guides (and allows people like me to sign up). What a blast and what great instructors - there is a huge focus on safety - while fun may be the reason a customer signs up, MWR spends a lot of time teaching safety skills including the safest lines to take on the whitewater. They also work hard at teaching communication skills with guides and clients. Their emphasis on teamwork fosters a great employee atmosphere. I was impressed on their emphasis of respecting the rights of the private boater as compared to the commercial boater at the put-in and take-out places along the river. I feel very fortunate to have completed this class with a great group of instructors and new guides.

Date of experience: May 2017

U R dear2me as well bdear2me for taking the time to write this review which goes to the core of our philosophical framework here at Mountain Waters.
Safety + Teamwork + Respect = Tons O Fun!
Cheers,!

Reviewed May 29, 2017 via mobile

I've been to Durango a few times and have personally floated the animas on everything except a commercial raft. I decided to go with this company after reading and hearing great reviews, and the booth was located right outside my hotel next to Albertsons. I was a little worried going solo but when I met my guide for the day Taylor (aka Bama) I knew I was in good hands. The river was really flowing that day at 2500 cfs and Taylor assured our boat the we would be having a lot a fun especially in the white water park. The trip was a BLAST and Bama is not only a great guide but funny, the trip was smooth and exciting. I won't raft with another company in Durango and I'm excited to check out the operation the have earlier in the year in AZ on the salt river.

Date of experience: May 2017
RiverJames, Owner at Mountain Waters Rafting & Adventure Company, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2017

Awesome Greg, thanks for the kind words and we look forward to seeing you in Arizona next March or April, Cheers!

See more reviews
Reviewed May 28, 2017 via mobile

We had a great time on the 4 pm Econ (2 hour) rafting tour. Our guide, Michael, was the best! He was very knowledgeable about the river and had some great stories to share. The scenery was amazing and the water was a chilly 40 degrees in late May. Highly recommend this adventure. Great value.

Date of experience: May 2017

Glad you enjoyed your trip Vikki. That water will be chilly for a while folks, it is snow melt from the mountains and there is a lot of it up there still. This means the water will be strong, fun and fast so consider the longer more popular 4 hour trip as well as the very affordable thermal gear rentals for this time of year. More river time = More Fun, Cheers!