Open today: 7:00 AM - 9:00 PM

More Info
from $161.67
More Info
1,492 results
All reviews the river lower animas half day trip great guide class rapids great trip great rafting white water these guys super fun rafting adventure a lot of fun first timers water level year olds the bus fun experience
Selected filters
Reviewed August 3, 2014

I was worried about the "rapids" on the lower Animas would be too mild and not exciting enough, but our guide Madison made our little float one of the highlights of our trip to Durango. There is one class III pass that really gets everyone's heart thumping, and during the really calm portions our guide gave our 8-year-old son really fun challenges on the boat that lead to a quick swim in the cold water, and lots of laughs and excitement for everyone. I know there are a lot of companies to choose from, but the guides at Mountain Waters really make this one stand out. While waiting to board the bus, the guides make the rounds introducing themselves and asking the guests questions, then on the bus they make conversation with those around them (when not cutting up and cracking jokes from the front of the bus.) Just an all-around fun experience. BOOK IT!

Date of experience: July 2014
MountainWatersRaftin, Owner at Mountain Waters Rafting & Adventure Company, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2014

Kirk, that is so great to read that the guides were attentive from beginning to end as I have seen and worked at too many other companies where the guides are only interested in you once you are in their raft (read: now I will work for my tip). We want our guides and staff to always be service oriented making you feel welcomed and comfortable. As you say, there are many choices out there. We just aim to be the best and that is going to be through the awesomeness of our staff!

Reviewed August 2, 2014

This was our first time with Mountain waters and we had an amazing time. We did a jeep/rafting combo. Our guide was John and he was excellent in his job of manuvering up that beautiful almost 12,000 ft. mountain. What a beautiful sight all the way up and back down. Then we continued our adventure with the 1/2 day of rafting. John again was the leader and is superior in what he does for this team. Thanks Mountain Waters for the very service oriented, fun, personal guides you have that made it the trip of a lifetime!

Date of experience: July 2014
MountainWatersRaftin, Owner at Mountain Waters Rafting & Adventure Company, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2014

Trip of a lifetime, wow, thank you Jmarie! You know, Jon is just the kind of dream employee we consistently get here at Mountain Waters. Jon's dad is a geologist and Jon has his own mining claims (great for 4x4 tours). We also saw his leadership qualities early on and fast tracked him to be the one in charge of most of the raft trips he is on. I have to say, having a great local reputation as an employer in Durango certainly makes my job easier and just snow balls years after year getting the cream of the crop producing, as you say, "very service oriented, fun, personal guides."

Reviewed August 2, 2014

We did the family oriented Lower Animas river rafting on our first day in Durango. Beau was our guide and was entertaining. The photos were great. The older kids 11 & 12 wanted a bit more adventure but were not old enough to take a class III/IV trip. MWR recommended the same Lowe Animas trip but in inflatable kayaks. 11 year olds were with the adults in tandem kayaks and the 12 year olds had their own singles. Rhee was our cool, laid-back and calming guide. The kids loved it as it was more challenging in the kayaks. It hailed on us at the beginning of the trip but was a part of the 'adventure'. A great time!

Date of experience: July 2014

Thanks for writing Jim and I am glad you found Rea to be the cool, laid-back and calming guide while the kids enjoyed the challenge of the Inflatable Kayaks. Sounds like they will be ready for Rockwood soon!

Reviewed August 2, 2014

My son and I loved this full day adventure and opportunity to see beautiful rock walls, breathtaking rapids and view of an area you can only get to by raft. The 1.5 hour Durango Silverton train trip gives one a taste of this old steam engine train before your 7 mile rafting trip through narrow rock walls, class III-IV rapids with a terrific guide and safety crew. With just 3 of us on the raft, my son and I certainly had the opportunity to really work through this river and rapids. Andy was a knowledgeable, courteous, friendly guide and the 3 other safety crew were great to talk with and get to know. Would recommend this trip to those who want some real work while rafting through gorgeous rock walls and river. So worth it. Also, Andy fed us a healthy lunch and I so appreciate that!

Date of experience: July 2014

Thank you Jackie! I would say Rockwood is THE best all around trip in the state of Colorado based on the scenery, Class IV rapids, and riding the 1882 Historic Durango-Silverton Narrow Gauge Train to the put-in. Andy and the crew rock Rockwood, thanks for writing.

Reviewed August 1, 2014

We just did a 4 hour trip on the lower Animas river. It was myself, my husband and our two kids (11 and 13). Mark May was our guide and he was fabulous! I was nervous taking my kids rafting, but it was obvious that safety was a priority with this group. We were with another family and Mark was great at involving everyone. Highly, highly recommend Mountain Waters. Can't wait to come back. Thanks for an amazing trip!

Date of experience: August 2014

Thank you for taking the time out to give Mark the thumbs up Kelly. I love it when our rookie guides become seasoned pros over the course of just a short summer on the river. Mark is out there everyday making Mountain Waters safe and looking great, cheers!