“If you want hearty stick to your ribs biscuits and gravy, this the place.”
Review of College Drive Cafe

College Drive Cafe
Ranked #17 of 202 Restaurants in Durango
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Funky 60's is the best description of the atmosphere here. I was the first diner early in the morning and was greeted warmly by the hostess/server and the cook. Topographic maps under the table glass made me feel right at home as a hiker/backpacker. A good menu with traditional and more healthy offerings. The biscuits are hearty and yellow made with good ingredients and thick sausage gravy. If you like fluffy white flour biscuits then might like these. But I would call these some of the best I've had. Good coffee here too. The College Drive Cafe is not open Monday and Tuesday and not real early. But it's worth planning your breakfast around their schedule. I will definitely be returning.

1  Thank KB6CLA

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We actually found this place via Trip Advisor and we were pleasantly surprised. My mom, who is a very picky breakfast person (since she herself is such a good cook) practically licked her plate clean. My girls both really enjoyed their french toast and bagel sandwich. I had stuffed huevos rancheros which was delicious. They also offer 8 or so different eggs benedict options.

1  Thank GunniMom
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Great food! Great Vibe! Awesome local eatery about 6 blocks outside of town. The breakfast we had here was the best on out trip out west.

1  Thank Sanibelmike2
Reviewed June 14, 2013

College Drive Cafe

Ambiance (10%) - 4- Cute and quaint. Their were hiking maps mounted on the surface of the tables. Small but quaint. Locally owned which is always a plus.

Cleanliness (20%) 5- Didn’t notice any issues. The tables and floors were clean. The bathrooms were kept clean

Service (25%) 5 We came on recommendation the first time. The waitress was super friendly, fast with service, and prompt with delivering our order. We came back the second day to find a different waitress- she was super as well. The staff is very welcoming and courteous.

Food (35%) 5- Both days I got the Earth Omelette with egg whites which was excellent (highly recommend- fresh vegetables, not greasy at all- super healthy), came with potatoes which were cooked perfectly without a lot of grease. My boyfriend got the Colorado scramble which he enjoyed, and the second day got the eggs benedict- which he really loved. The portions are ample, the food very healthily cooked- and was still super good.

Value (10%) 4 A little pricey, but the quality and portion size make this an above average value.

Overall 5- We highly recommend this restaurant for breakfast- it is a gem worth going to.

2  Thank zzcajun
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Healthy breakfast can be hard to find sometimes! But this place has it down! We ate here our second day in durango and were very pleased!! I had the Mexican omelet, and it was perfect!! Spicy sausage and cheesy eggs, how could you go wrong?! My fiance had the stacked huevos rancheros!! He was very very happy! They had great coffee and great service! Don't skip this place!

1  Thank Mick M