“Great Pizza”

Fired Up Pizzeria
Ranked #5 of 198 Restaurants in Durango
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Description: Authentic Neapolitan wood fired pizza.
Reviewed August 31, 2014

Crave this pizza...fresh items, great atmosphere, helpful staff. We eat here every time we are in Durango.

There are newer reviews for Fired Up Pizzeria

Reviewed August 30, 2014

If you go to a pizza place, and see that the wait staff is very young, don't order beer or wine because they are not legally able to serve you. We witnessed what we thought was the owner bussing beverages. Overall service was very slow, so slow that the young couple next to us with a small child got up to move to the bar for better service until the owner stopped them and waited on them. No shortage of waitstaff, just short of experience. Too bad, because the food was good. If you extra time to waste, order the chicken bacon chop salad. Very good.

Reviewed August 29, 2014

Good pizza with an Italian flair..Wood fired and fresh ingredients.. Owner is good people...Open atmosphere with good energy and wait staff who seem to care..

1  Thank Scott K
Reviewed August 25, 2014

All I can tell you is that the pizza at Fired Up Pizza is delicious! How do I know? I tasted it at the Durango Farmers Market on Saturday morning. They have a portable wood fired oven and they sell an assortment of one person Pizzas there. The flavor combinations really appealed to me and you can put together yourself or choose one of theirs. The crust is flavorful, thin and perfect against the toppings I chose-spinach, bacon and chevre. The vegetables were perfectly cooked and seasoned and bacon makes anything taste better. Try spinach on your pizza - it is fabulous and it wilts gently from the heat and adds texture to your toppings. This enhances the whole pizza experience. I am a pizza connoisseur- I have eaten pizza all over the world and I am very particular about what makes the perfect pizza.

There were refreshing fruit drinks for sale and Fired Up was busy and running out of dough just as I ordered mine.

I would highly recommend a trip to the market to shop or to eat at Fired UP or the Dine In restaurant.

1  Thank Elizabeth P
Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

Excellent combination of traditional pizza with newer toppings and sides which made this a great experience. Would go back!