“Fabulous Pizza”

Fired Up Pizzeria
Ranked #5 of 196 Restaurants in Durango
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner
Description: Authentic Neapolitan wood fired pizza.
South Bend, Washington
“Fabulous Pizza”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This may be the best pizza I have eaten. The quality of the ingredients was excellent - fresh mozzarella, excellent fennel sausage. good tomato sauce and very nice crust. The crust was somewhat thin and had a very nice texture. When we walked in the aroma from the kitchen was most inviting and now I can see why. We'll return when in Durango.

Los Lunas, New Mexico
“Maybe the best pizza EVER”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I grew up in the Chicago area eating pizza. I worked for about 10 years in pizza joints. I love pizza. It has been a while since I've eaten at Lou Malnoti's or Pizzeria Ono, but Fired Up Pizza just may be the best pizza I ever ate. I know it is the best fennel sausage I have ever eaten, including my grandfathers and mine. This place has it all, great service, awesome food, nice location, reasonable prices. What more could you want?

1 Thank mcarrara
Round Rock, Texas
“We loved it!!!”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We had lunch at Fired Up because... the smell of the pizza wafting to the street was IRRESISTIBLE. And we were not disappointed! We had pizza, salads, sandwiches- all wonderful. And the service was top notch- far better than I would expect at a pizza place for lunch. The kids loved the basil lemonade- an unexpected treat. If you're in downtown Durango, Fired Up is worth a stop!!

1 Thank Leasa N
Dallas, Texas
“Really good pizza and beer!”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Went to Fired Up Pizza tonight after going back & forth between that & Home Slice Pizza; decided to try Fired Up since we haven't been there yet. We got there right at 6pm & just before everyone else decided to come.

We were seated in a booth & Megan quickly took our drink order ($2 Colorado draft beer on Thursday night). We ordered a custom 8" Bianca pizza with feta & spinach and a Lemon Rucola pizza (margherita base, baby arugola, shaved parmesan, fresh black pepper, olive oil and lemon wedge). There were lots of yummy sounding specialty pizzas on the menu but you can also customize an 8" or 12" pizza starting with a margherita, bianca, pesto or marinara base.

There are daily specials ($2 draft beer Thursdays... and apparently $4 house wine) - Margherita Mondays and Tuesday 1/2 price add ons to custom 12" pizzas. We may have to visit again during this visit to Durango!

Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Interesting and okay”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I don't know why this is getting rave reviews.

We did get a great seat, which not all diners do, where we could watch them making the pizzas and using their big tiled oven. That was cool. They didn't have a great selection of beers. We waited quite a while for our pizza. We ordered a 12" because the menu says it will feed 1-2 people and we don't eat much at all. We wish we had ordered two. Because they were mostly dough. Very thin dough. The 12" pizza was 16.50: it had artichokes, mushrooms, some basil, some Parmesan, and I don't remember what else. Only a few mushrooms, a few leaves of basil, so little Parmesan I couldn't find it, and 4 little pieces of artichoke. My partner got three pieces of artichoke, so I only got one. The pizza really was mostly dough.

Not my idea of a 16.50 lunch.

• Visited June 2013