“Really good pizza and beer!”
Review of Fired Up Pizzeria

Fired Up Pizzeria
Ranked #10 of 204 Restaurants in Durango
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner
Description: Authentic Neapolitan wood fired pizza, artisan sandwiches, salads. Full bar and seasonal rooftop patio.
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Went to Fired Up Pizza tonight after going back & forth between that & Home Slice Pizza; decided to try Fired Up since we haven't been there yet. We got there right at 6pm & just before everyone else decided to come.

We were seated in a booth & Megan quickly took our drink order ($2 Colorado draft beer on Thursday night). We ordered a custom 8" Bianca pizza with feta & spinach and a Lemon Rucola pizza (margherita base, baby arugola, shaved parmesan, fresh black pepper, olive oil and lemon wedge). There were lots of yummy sounding specialty pizzas on the menu but you can also customize an 8" or 12" pizza starting with a margherita, bianca, pesto or marinara base.

There are daily specials ($2 draft beer Thursdays... and apparently $4 house wine) - Margherita Mondays and Tuesday 1/2 price add ons to custom 12" pizzas. We may have to visit again during this visit to Durango!

Reviewed July 11, 2013

I don't know why this is getting rave reviews.

We did get a great seat, which not all diners do, where we could watch them making the pizzas and using their big tiled oven. That was cool. They didn't have a great selection of beers. We waited quite a while for our pizza. We ordered a 12" because the menu says it will feed 1-2 people and we don't eat much at all. We wish we had ordered two. Because they were mostly dough. Very thin dough. The 12" pizza was 16.50: it had artichokes, mushrooms, some basil, some Parmesan, and I don't remember what else. Only a few mushrooms, a few leaves of basil, so little Parmesan I couldn't find it, and 4 little pieces of artichoke. My partner got three pieces of artichoke, so I only got one. The pizza really was mostly dough.

Not my idea of a 16.50 lunch.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We were vacationing in the Durango area and stopped in Fired Up on two occasions. Both times the pizza was outstanding and the service was great. We tried the Capricciosa pizza, which included fresh, not canned, artichoke hearts. The kitchen accommodated my vegetarian teenager's request by putting the prosciutto on one half only. It was delicious! The Fired Up was also a favorite, loved the fennel sausage. The Meat Works pizza had a good amount of meat, very tasty combination. The sauce is just right, not too sweet, not too thick, not too much of it on the pizza. We also tried the Grande salad, and it was grande! Enough for 3-4 people to share as a starter. Yum!

1  Thank Kelly W
Reviewed July 2, 2013

My expectations are high-always looking for the great pizza and like to try different places as we travel. I called an order in and was given a "pick-up time". I picked the pizzas up at this time and took them the short distance to our hotel. They were luke-warm, the crust was thin and tough, the "pepperoni" was the size of canadian bacon and was laid on the top of the pizza-hard to eat. We had 5 adults and ordered 3 large pizzas-one was Margherita, 2 Pepperoni (about $42.00). Even though they weren't the best, we were hungry and probably could have eaten part of another one.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

This place serves great pizza, the happy hour offer looked like a good deal so I'd try to catch that.

Been to Fired Up Pizzeria? Share your experiences!