“The highlight of my trip”

Durango Snowbike Experience
Reviewed March 25, 2012

This was the best lesson I have ever received in any sport. Donna knew exactly how to put me at ease with her teaching ability and vibrant enthusim about snow biking. I felt confident very quickly and totally enjoyed my day on the mountain.
When I vacation again in Durago this will be the first thing I do.
Everyone should give this a try. Its the most fun I have had in a long time!

1  Thank SheBGal
There are newer reviews for Durango Snowbike Experience

Reviewed March 22, 2012

The Instructors are the BEST!!! Anyone can do it. This is my 2nd yr on the mountain riding the snow bike. This time was even more exciting than the first. I brought my best friend and step daughter who both took the class and went up with me. Anyone looking for a world class experience on top of DMR take this course!!!!!! I wish I didn't have to leave :( but I will be back and on the snow bikes again next year!!!!

1  Thank Odermann
Reviewed March 22, 2012

Thanksgiving and Christmas vacations to watch the family ski and snowboard was fun but not enjoyable to me sitting at the base. With team Sparkman (Donna and Mike) as coaches and the Brenter snowbike as my vehicle the Spring Break slope activity was a blast! Age, conditioning and football knees took my enthusiasm away for skiing. But not anymore, the snowbike has created the best experience on the slopes I have ever had. Morning lessons started at the bottom before we finished around noon we had traveled down hill with specifics to turning, stopping and overall slope management. It was as if I traveled back in time to my sting ray banana seated bicycle and my old neighborhood road courses. At every turn or lift ride boarders and skiers alike could not stop asking about the snowbike and "is that hard to learn?" Consistent comments and questions were answered by my smile and "did you ever have a sting ray bicycle?" The older folks just nodded and watched as I strolled away. When my family was tired and sore I was on the lift back up to go again. I heard my 11 year old son say "dad, wait for me"..pure joy!!
Best coaches, best bike and the best time, created memories. Can not wait for this fall, winter and next spring. I am a snowbiker now!! 100% encourage anyone with minimal athletic experience to try the snowbike easier than skiing and less stressfull than snowboarding. Snowbikers acknowledge each other on the slopes didnt see that from the other participants. Go for it, you will have a great time...

1  Thank Brent W
Reviewed March 20, 2012

I can't express how much fun snowbiking was! I've skiied all over the world - NC, CA, CO, ID, UT, Switzerland, New Zealand - but because of my knees could no longer downhill ski. For several years now while the rest of my family was out on the slopes skiing and boarding, I was cross country skiing. It was OK but just not as thrilling. I was having more trouble than ever on this trip to Durango accepting that I'd be on cross country skis or snowshoes when my husband saw the ad for Snowbikes. I had a half-day lesson, got my license (which is required to ride a Snowbike) and was told by Donna (who's wonderful!) that I was good to go on green and blue slopes. On the second day I Snowbiked with my husband on blues. I learned that when it's steeper, my uphill ski would be under my chin, so it's definitely an athletic activity, and I could carve and turn just like on skis - but my knees didn't hurt! Snowbiking is so easy to learn, when I was having my lesson, a family stopped by to talk to Donna. She said she'd taught them to Snowbike 2 days before, and they only had 4 days for their vacation. They were out on the slopes - not stuck on the bunny hill. I'm a very thankful convert to Snowbiking - and just hoping more and more slopes will allow Snowbikes! As more people try it, I know there'll be more demand for it. I ended up having such a great winter vacation thanks to Snowbiking!

1  Thank Cathy29220
Reviewed March 14, 2012

It took me two years to finally get to the fun part of downhill skiing, but it took only ONE snow bike lesson to get the hang of it and have a blast all in the same day. It is really easy to learn and doesn't require nearly the physical effort of skiing. It also feels a lot safer than skiing. Of course, you can take it up a notch and let it rip, but you can also just slide around and enjoy the scenery. Have fun and save some stamina for the beer garden. Thanks to Donna and Mike for a new way to enjoy the mountain. Stinky and Sparky rule!

Been to Durango Snowbike Experience? Share your experiences!