“Local Jewel”

Bread
Ranked #1 of 3 Bakeries in Durango
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Las Vegas, Nevada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Local Jewel”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

This place was off the main strip but so worth the detour! Lots of beautiful breads to chose . Friendly service and quaint atmosphere...highly recommend this place!

• Visited April 2014

Omaha, Nebraska
“Cash or Check Only”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

We rarely use cash so after ordering a Sourdough and a delicious-looking Apple Bread, and a Double Chocolate Cookie, I was told that they don't accept AMEX... or any credit cards for that matter. After sadly figuring we would be leaving empty handed, they were nice enough to take pity on us and gave us a few cookies, which were absolutely delicious. Next time we'll come prepared.

• Visited March 2014
Round Rock, Texas
“OMG! The best”
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

It would be impossible to choose which loaf would be my 1st choice but all are fantastic! The potato and olive are so good.

Visited March 2014
Durango, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Name Says it Best”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Bread. What could be simpler? But making a truly great bread, consistently, is not as simple as one may think. But these folks do it, and have been doing it for years. I have traveled all over the southwest, and even to what are considered some of the finest and most expensive bakeries in California, and have not found a ciabatta as good as Bread's. Believe me, I have tried. The sandwiches are first-rate, and the cookies! I am a cookie fan, and here are the best ginger cookies in town. Their sow-your-own-oats is a complete breakfast in a cookie. I am allergic to chocolate (yeah, poor me), so I can't comment on those, but if the rest of their goodies are any indication, well, you get the picture. I am supposed to mark when I visited but, hey, I visit all the time!

• Visited January 2014
Durango, Colorado
“Coffee, cookies and bread!”
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

A one stop shop for all your "bread" needs. Special made breads, cookies, sandwiches and strong coffee. Quick friendly service with a smile. They don't accept credit cards which is a bum, so be prepared with cash or local check.
Go early in the morning as the selection is always best. Got an important entertaining dinner? Stop by for a delicious made that day bread for your meal

Been to Bread? Share your experiences!