“Name Says it Best”
Review of Bread

Bread
Ranked #1 of 2 Bakeries in Durango
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Bread. What could be simpler? But making a truly great bread, consistently, is not as simple as one may think. But these folks do it, and have been doing it for years. I have traveled all over the southwest, and even to what are considered some of the finest and most expensive bakeries in California, and have not found a ciabatta as good as Bread's. Believe me, I have tried. The sandwiches are first-rate, and the cookies! I am a cookie fan, and here are the best ginger cookies in town. Their sow-your-own-oats is a complete breakfast in a cookie. I am allergic to chocolate (yeah, poor me), so I can't comment on those, but if the rest of their goodies are any indication, well, you get the picture. I am supposed to mark when I visited but, hey, I visit all the time!

There are newer reviews for Bread

Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

A one stop shop for all your "bread" needs. Special made breads, cookies, sandwiches and strong coffee. Quick friendly service with a smile. They don't accept credit cards which is a bum, so be prepared with cash or local check.
Go early in the morning as the selection is always best. Got an important entertaining dinner? Stop by for a delicious made that day bread for your meal

Reviewed December 5, 2013

There isn't much more to say than that, other than you have to go to Bread. This is a dedicated group of folks that use quality ingredients to make an excellent product. There isn't anything that doesn't taste delicious in that store. Go early!! They sell out of favorites quickly. Fridays, try their Challah....awesome!

Reviewed October 24, 2013

This is the only place in town I've found to get a truly authentic baguette. It seems (to me) that often a bakery's baguette is a litmus test regarding the rest of their offerings. If they have the desire, equipment and skill to produce consistently delicious, authentic baguettes, then they do other things well, too -- which Bread does. Also, unlike some other places in Durango, the service has always been courteous.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Bread has great breakfast and lunch pastries, it sells sandwiches and of course bread. However, when I want to do something special for someone, I buy some of their mega cookies. YUMM!! Their cookies are a guilty pleasure. My other favorite is their round loaf of sourdough.

Been to Bread? Share your experiences!