“me likey mongolian grill”
Review of Mongolian Grill

Mongolian Grill
Ranked #68 of 195 Restaurants in Durango
Cuisines: Asian
New Mexico
“me likey mongolian grill”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I have always liked this place. cheap buffet and tasty. my grandson liked watching. me too. and eating too. waitresses friendly and helpful.

Visited July 2013

Pittsburgh, PA
“It's what you make of it quite literally”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

This restaurant does offer a menu and all the usual Chinese-American offerings were there. But for something different, try the Mongolian grill.

If you don't cook or are unfamiliar with Asian cooking, it's a bit strange at first. As long as you know what you like, it's pretty hard to mess up. Many different raw meats and veggies are on a large salad bar. You fill the bowl up with what you want, then pick what sauce and/or oil you want, then take it to the grill for the cook to heat up.

It's not a grated grill in the conventional sense, it's a large flat plate grill that is very hot and cooks very quickly. In about 5 minutes, your items are done.

My colleague and I went about 3 pm, so we paid the dinner price of around $10 US. I enjoy cooking and I try to cook in the Asian style. Mainly from deconstructing my favorite dishes from my favorite restaurants and websites.

I made my own dish of chicken and pork with bean sprouts, onions, mushrooms,cilantro and the "house sauce". It was one of the better blends I came up with. I did fairly small portions, so I went three times. Each time I did something a little different or with a different sauce. Included is a spring roll and choice of soup. I certainly got my moneys worth.

I can't speak to the menu items, but for the grill, if the food is bad, you have no one but yourself to blame as far as taste is concerned. As far as preparation, yes, my one dish the veggies were a bit under-cooked.

Some tips: A meat, onions,carrots, shredded cabbage and the house sauce is a good place to start when making your own dish. You can add sesame oil, lemon oil, ginger sauce, chili sauce or just plain soy sauce. Or all of the above! Don't be afraid to stack the bowl with food either.

I go to Asian buffets usually because I can't decide what to eat and want a bit of everything. This restaurant offers variety and a chance for you to control how much of everything that goes into your dish. It's the perfect buffet really.

The decor was standard tired strip mall Chinese and the service was OK. Plates were cleared quickly and glasses topped off, but the place wasn't crowded either.

If you are looking Chinese flavors and are willing to try and make it yourself, this is restaurant is hard to beat. I'll be back when I have time in Durango again. I might even go again this week now that I know the deal. It's a good option when you don't want to pay Historic Durango prices for dining either.

• Visited June 2013
Van Buren
“Wonderful food”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We saw this restaurant in the phone book and in a menu offering from the hotel. We did the Mongolian Buffet, for $9.99, which comes with an egg roll and soup and had hot tea with it. This food is absolutely delicious. I could go there 2 or 3 days a week. Give this place a try while in Durango.

Visited May 2013
Shreveport, Louisiana
“It was okay”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I visited with my husband and two sons. It is very close to WalMart so we thought we would check it out. The bar is ok. The experience of picking out your own meats and veggies, etc for them to personally grill for you was neat. But I thought it was a bit pricey for what you get. The service was also not great. We had to actually go up to the counter to ask for additional items. We will not return:-(

• Visited March 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
“Nice choice for wide selection of food with good service”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I went with large group of family recently to Mongolian Grill on Sunday afternoon. The restaurant is close to Wal-Mart right off main road coming in/out of Durango. The restaurant offers buffet and menu. We all had the buffet that includes soup, egg rolls and buffet. The buffet has multiple protein choices, veggies, sauces and herbs. You put ingredients in bowl and they cook for you. It is quite tasty. Plus, it is all you can eat.

• Visited December 2012