All reviews new owners shower head continental breakfast charging station hard boiled eggs pride of ownership comfortable beds a great stay the north end trolley stop comfortable stay in town place to stay quiet at night the entire staff definitely stay here again mini fridge
Selected filters
Reviewed May 2, 2019 via mobile

Very clean room. Good water pressure in the shower, along with nice hot water. The owner was friendly and helped us navigate our way around Durango with advice on where to eat, things to do, etc. TV with HULU.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
ntpeck, Owner at Adventure Inn Durango, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2019

Thank you so much for the kind review and for choosing us to stay with while in Durango! Safe travels and treasured memories of beautiful Colorado our friends!

Reviewed April 25, 2019

Adventure Inn has become my home away from home!! I'm local but in the middle of a terrible separation so I needed a place to stay. My whole world had been turned upside down but these kind and genuine people have helped turn it around. They gave me one less thing to worry about at an affordable rate. They gave me peace of mind and a listening ear. Nigel, Jordan, and Joe always made me feel better and offered advice when they didn't have to. The service was impeccable and every guest seemed to be impressed. And let's not forget about the incredible accommodations! it is clear they take pride in their property. The room was spotless, spacious, and cozy. They even installed refillable soap dispensers instead of throw away plastic - they obviously care about the environment too! I loved the roku in the room so I could watch Hulu on demand. The wifi also worked great so I could complete work from "home". I have never felt more comfortable in a motel and was honestly sad to check out. I can't thank the fine owners and staff enough for such a special and comfortable stay. Thank you for for making my life a little better.

Room tip: 108 huge room and near the ice machine
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
TammyP1746, Owner at Adventure Inn Durango, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2019

Thank you so much for the kind review! We're glad we were able to help make a difficult time a little easier to bear. Life sometimes throws us a curveball (we've all had hardships) and it's nice to know there are still kindhearted people out there. Just a little peace of mind and comfort helps us to take a moment to breathe and get through to the next hurdle. The Roku is our newest addition to improving our customer experience and the WiFi was our very first upgrade done when we bought this place- everyone needs to be connected!
We are working towards being completely plastic free, but honestly, it's quite costly to be eco-conscious (3-4 times the price of plastic products). Thanks again for entrusting us with your comfort and safety. Our best to you, better days are coming... you got this Lady!

Reviewed April 24, 2019 via mobile

Location was a bit far from old downtown.
Room was clean, which is most important to me, the staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was marginal and the property is old. There was not a bedside table for both sides of the bed, which was a hassle, and there wasn’t a coffee maker in the room. Because we are on a longer road trip than normal we have stayed in mostly two star hotels to save money.
This was a typical two star but I give them three for the positive things that I mentioned.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
TammyP1746, Owner at Adventure Inn Durango, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2019

First, we want to thank you for staying with us!
Rating systems are often confused- Hotel 'Star ratings' are used to rate hotel/motels based on their amenities; ie 1star = basic/no frills, 2star = expanded facilities, 'higher level of comfort’.

And 'Bubble ratings' are what Tripadvisor, Booking.com, Expedia.com, other online booking systems that the guest grades regarding the quality of the experience.

We're a historic motel (1947) that we've kept true to the original building with improvements to the lobby, guest rooms, and landscape. We have exceptional WiFi, large flat screen TV with Rokus, we offer concierge for local favorites and traveling/weather help, healthy breakfast options, nice quality linens, and pillows, as well as bedside USB ports. We focus on clean and comfortable at an affordable rate in what can be a pricey town, the closer you get to downtown the prices increase (we are 2.2 miles north of downtown proper) the Durango Trolley pickup is 2 doors south that come by every 20 minutes between 7 am to 8:30 pm.

We've opted to not offer in-room coffee pots because we never want our guests to question their cleanliness, instead, we offer fresh ground and brewed locally sourced coffee all day in our lobby.

Safe travels and treasured memories to you! Nigel and Tammy

Reviewed April 17, 2019

After checking the reviews for inexpensive places to stay in Durango I settled on the Adventure Inn and found a gem!. I contacted the motel to see if I could check in early because I arrived in town in the early afternoon and Joe who was running the front desk said the room is ready come on in. After being on a place all morning I wanted to go for a walk and Joe (a personable young man BTW) told me about the river walk that runs through town, it's a nice peaceful path the follows the Animas river through most of the town. I met Nigel the owner the next morning, he told me and others having breakfast about the work he and his staff had put into the business since he and his wife bought the motel, and it shows, though the building is 70 years old the amenities are modern with flat screen televisions and WIFI, I didn't want for anything while staying here. So if you're looking for an inexpensive place to stay in Durango you won't go wrong staying here!

Room tip: Because the motel is on the north end of town a trip ot Purgatory or Silverton is easy access to the road leading there.
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
TammyP1746, Owner at Adventure Inn Durango, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2019

You were staying with friends. We care about our guests and their experiences while staying here. We're purposely priced below the chains and above other options offered in town. We're not new, we're a historic motel on the north end of town away from the noise and party crowds. We focus on welcoming, comfortable, affordable and very clean. We want our guests to have a great time while here in Durango- it's a fabulous place to spend time! Between the beauty, brews, fabulous food and wonderful welcoming locals what more could anyone ask for in a destination?!
Thanks so much for the wonderfully kind review and feedback, we really appreciate it. Safe travels and we hope to see you on your next Southwest adventure!

Reviewed April 14, 2019

This place was a dump 3 years ago, but the new owners have put their heart and soul (and a lot of money!) into a total make-over. My gal is quite picky about Motels, so I was surprised when she said "I really like this place: it's so clean!". It appeared that every surface had been re-done: tile, painted walls, floors, even the roof. The room was chilly (heat kept off to conserve electricity), but quickly warmed up with the new heater. There are streaming movies (HULU) in every room.
The bathrooms were immaculate, though you might have to pay attention to the "Hot is Cold and Cold is Hot" sign by the shower (plumber crossed the pipes). The beds are just right (not saggy, not too firm) and the linens seem brand new. The Manager is very friendly and professional. Even the sign out front and landscaping are new. We definitely give this motel a thumbs up.

Room tip: Our room was close to the office, and thus road, but noise was not an issue.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
ntpeck, Owner at Adventure Inn Durango, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2019

Very nice, thanks so much for coming back to see us and the improvements we've made! We appreciate the kind, candid review of your experience. I must say, I agree totally with your gal... I'm quite picky myself when traveling and where I choose to lay my head. Our view of being in the hospitality business is if we can't get the clean, comfortable, welcoming and affordable part right then we're doing a disservice to ourselves and what we represent. Is it unusual for a 1950 motor hotel to be refurbished? Yes. It is a LOT of hard work and dedication to re-do previous owners bandaid approaches and cheap fixes let alone the mindset of being 'old'. We're a historic building that had lost its appeal to the 'new and shiny' wanted by most people in today's world. We've kept to the unique character & structure (most expected a teardown and new building), we've just breathed new life into it and made it welcoming again. The last thing to be done is outside paint this spring. Aaahhh then a few moments to breathe ourselves and then we're off to find a new adventure to 'fix' in town.