“Not your typical trail ride! Fun experience!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Buck's Livery
Dallas, Texas
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Not your typical trail ride! Fun experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

Having an equestrian in the family, who has her own horse, we were looking for a different trail ride experience. Saw Buck's across from Purgatory resort and looked them up online. Liked the variety of rides they offered and opted for their "special" 2 hour ride. This was a private ride based on out level of riding experience. Had Sean the wrangler as our guide. He was friendly, engaging and knowledgable. Saw some power line workers who mentioned seeing a bear nearby but Sean was calm and cool about it and that helped ease my mind (a little). We never saw the bear but he was prepared.

Beautiful scenery and many photo opportunities along the way. The horses were easy going and easy to control. They were well suited for us. Sean helped us out if they were hard to control.

Ride was not nose to tail experience that we've all done before.

Yorktown, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Emmy was awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

My brother arranged this ride for our family of 5, and we had the best time ever! Our guide was enthusiastic and sweet, and the kids loved her. The San Juan National Forest is amazing, and the views are spectacular. Highly recommend this for an activity, and be sure to request Emmy... she rocks!

2 Thank Narielle L
Waco, Texas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Very accomodating”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

For all attractions in Durango, you really need to make reservations because activities fill up fast. My daughter had her heart set on a trail ride, but I didn't make a reservation in advance like I did with our other activities. Thankfully, they squeezed in a one hour trail ride for my daughter and my father on our last day in Durango. Everyone was super friendly. There were picnic tables available for us non-riders and the employees all stopped by to chat and made us feel welcome. There was even a llama to pet and look at.

Escondido
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yippee Ki-Yay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2014

Everyone at Buck's Livery is fabulous, but I would like to single out our guide, Aaron. Aaron is the Superman of trail guides. He could jump off his horse at the speed of light and stomp on a snake or wrestle a bear to the ground if the safety of his trail riders was at stake. Not only that, Aaron is highly knowledgeable about geography, area history, plants and animals. My husband is sort of a know-it-all, and Aaron was able to tell him a few things that even he didn't know. Imagine that! Aaron also has impeccable timing. As the clouds overhead got darker and darker, Aaron timed our ride perfectly so that when the clouds burst open, we were minutes away from the corral and were able to dismount and run for cover. But what really impressed me the most was Aaron's tracking ability. Aaron said he has found lost cameras, wallets and clothing on the trail, so I put him to the test and lost my phone. Exactly one week later Aaron contacted my husband to tell him he had found my phone! And not only did he find it, he returned it fully functioning with a full charge. Needless to say, I would give Buck's Livery an extra five stars, if only I could.

1 Thank Karen C
New Braunfels, Texas
“Buck's Livery August 7,2014”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2014

Great place to go horseback riding. Enjoyed the beautiful views and all the extra information from the trail guides. They were all friendly and very helpful.
Would go again.