“A sincere apology” 5 of 5 bubbles

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“A sincere apology”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

I had witnesses harsh treatment to a mule while staying at the Durango resort. I was told that the wrangler and his animals belonged to Buck's Livery...HOWEVER...I was terribly misinformed. Since writing the first review, I have spoken with Mr Breed...he and his wife have been in the outfitting and horse business for well over 30 years...they are very caring about their animals and the people who come to ride with them...The resort is helping to find the wrangler who abused his mule. I sincerely apologize for this misconception and false knowledge.
I wish Buck's Livery all the very best. Hoping to ride with them one day in the future.

North Salem, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best experience in Durango!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Buck's Livery was a great family experience for us! We went on the one hour ride. Our family has never been big riders, but 4 of us had been a couple of times and learned the basics. Staff was very kind and helpful whenever one of us needed help. It was my youngest daughter's first ride (age six), and she enjoyed it so much she is now begging for horseback riding lessons. After the ride, the staff had a delicious campfire dinner waiting for us that included steak/chicken, baked potatoes, beans, bread and homemade coleslaw. Lemonade and water were also provided. Just as enjoyable as the ride was eating with the staff and talking with them. We have been vacationing in Durango for a week, and this was our family's favorite activity. We all agreed that it was truly a great experience!

Thundorf, Switzerland
“Best ride ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

While travelling through Colorado we stopped at Buck's Livery - without knowing it - for a 1 hour horsback ride! And this ride was the best I ever had! Shawn, our guide, was very friendly, careful and left us go quite fast. My boyfriend sat on a horse his second time and he just loved it. The landscape and the very good horses have fascinated us! We hope we can come back one day! Thanks a lot, Buck's livery, we will never forget this beautiful ride! Sonja and Walter, Switzerland

Visited June 2013
MESQUITE
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Beautiful way to spend the afternoon and have a blast!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

I called Buck's at 9 AM in the morning and was put on the 11 am ride. As an advanced rider, I was put on a ride matching my skills. Aaron was one of our trail guides and was amazing, friendly and kept the entire group of riders entertained. The entire staff was friendly, skilled and truly cared if all of the riders had a good time. I especially liked the fact we stopped at a breathtaking ridge and they took pictures of us on our mounts. I will definitely go back when I come back in the fall. This is a must do if you want to be outside and have fun.
Ben is a wonderful gentleman and his staff are just as wonderful.

“Worth Every Penny!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

My friend and I rode at Buck's livery today and had an amazing time. We chose to do the "special" ride, and were paired with horses that matched our skill levels perfectly. I'm an advanced rider and was looking for a place to ride that would accommodate my skill level and found exactly what I was looking for at Buck's Livery. On the other hand, there were first time riders and young children on a separate ride that had the time of their lives as well. I would recommend Buck's Livery to anyone looking for a great experience with horses.

Not to mention, our guide was helpful and enthusiastic, and the horses were well taken care of and obviously happy with their jobs!