“Fun & Scenic Sleigh Ride”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Buck's Livery

Buck's Livery
Key West, Florida
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Fun & Scenic Sleigh Ride”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

The staff and wranglers are first class all the way. Very friendly and accommodating. Our 2 year old was so thrilled to sit on the draft horses before the ride and was smiling the whole way. The trip itself takes you through the aspen trees to some gorgeous views. It is not a long journey but the perfect length for us in the cold with a little one. We stopped and Ben took some family photos for us. The provided blankets are nice to have to keep warm. At the end she (2 yr. old) enjoyed hugging Besa, the dog who walked with us the entire sleigh ride. Cowboy Ben was an awesome guide and had a great sense of humor. It was perfect to be picked up and dropped off right at the base of the mountain.

Visited March 2013

Durango, Colorado
“Best time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

I loved all of it. The wranglers are entertaining and the scenery is beautiful. If you tell Ben before hand he can make sure the evening is very romantic, where you sit in the sleigh is very important. Or you will be entertained and laughing alot.

Visited January 2013
Dallas, TX
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great Christmas Eve experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

We lucked out on a 4pm sleigh ride Christmas Eve when it was dumping snow. Great experience. Have fun!

Visited December 2012
Mason City, Iowa
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A great, fun experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

We only had time for the 2 hour private ride, but were led by Ace who was vey friendly, talkative and knowledgible. The ride started after I was talking to the owner and playing with the dogs that act as customer service reps. We chatted while our mounts were readied and I mentioned that I had injured my neck last year. The owner then excused himself and returned a few minutes later with a 4 legged friend. He explained that this was his personal animal and was the smoothest and most sure-footed mule and he wanted my to ride him because of my neck.
HOW NICE IS THAT?
I'd never ridden a mule before, but given the choice I will pick a mule over a horse from now on. They are unbelievably smooth. I love horses, but this mule was amazing.
The ride was wonderful and scenic, I took about 200 pictures. Ace was awsome and took the time to go around to everyone to talk to them, find out where they were from and what they did. He even asked questions, which one does not do unless them are genuinely interested in what you are saying.
Ace was also very attentive to our progress as he would ask how it was going and if anyone needed anything. It was fun asking him questions as he seemed to know a lot more about horses, and mules, than the average cowboy. He told us about his going to equine med school and riding the rodeo circut. Ace was polite and interesting the entire time while constantly making sure we were riding safely.
The scenery was beautiful and the stories fun. The horses, and my mule were very nice animals and did have a mind and personality of their own, unlike many other rides we'd been on where the same animals were used so often on the same route that you could let go of the riens and they would just follow in single file until you where back. Buck's aminmas however were as much fun to commuicate with as Buck or Ace, no offense. If you weren't comfotable on a horse, they were gentle and did most of the navigating for you, if you were more experienced you could ride them around and check things out or stop for a picture and then catch up.
We had a great time, and our only complaint was that we didn't have time for a longer ride.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank Harold P
Boalsburg, Pennsylvania
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Friendly and Accommodating”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

Friendly staff made us feel welcomed, good trail horses, beautiful ride, easy to find, and reasonably priced. Our family has experienced riders to beginners and the staff was accommodating to all of us.

Visited June 2012