“Heaven on Earth!”
View out master bedroom window
flower garden on ranch Master bedroom
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
flower garden on ranch
Master bedroom
Master bedroom area
Living room and dining room
living room area
2nd bedroom
Barn and pastures
ranch ponds
harvet moon in the fall
view from county road to ranch
winter on ranch view of the barn etc
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Jtiggergi...
“Heaven on Earth!”
Reviewed August 23, 2016 for a stay in August 2016
person found this review helpful

This place is amazing! Beautiful loft with gorgeous views. Being from Florida I was worried when it said there would be no air. No air was needed. Every day was gorgeous breezes with the windows open. Each night the coonhounds would bay and sometimes you could hear the horses whinny. Francie was so nice. We cannot wait to go back.

Sep 12, 2016
Thank you so much for staying at the ranch on your vacation. It was my absolute pleasure to have you as guests and so happy that you had a good time. Hope Apple my hound with her squeaky howl allowed you some rest. I always try and get them to bed by 9 PM. Looking forward to your return. Best, Francie
aggie9192
Irving, Texas
“Great experience, convenient location, hope to stay here again sometime soon”
Reviewed July 28, 2016 for a stay in July 2016

What a great place to stay! I won't ever have to get up early to see another sunrise again--it could never top the ones we saw from the loft above the barn. I went downstairs and outside to take pictures but the view wasn't as good so back to the loft where i could watch it from bed.
Our teenage daughter wanted to stay in a cabin and the rentals by the river were $350 a night so I looked for the next best thing. We had been in the loft all of 5 minutes when my daughter turned to me and said "thanks dad" and gave me a big hug. That was worth the whole trip. Very convenient to Durango and Mesa Verde.
Francie was/is an excellent host. We loved getting to spend some time with her and her 4 hound dogs.
It is country living--the ranch is on well water. The water coming out of shower has a sulfur odor but it isn't going to hurt anything. There is filtered water for drinking.
If/when we go again--we would choose the loft over the cabin mainly based on the 2nd story views

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: friendly host and the spectacular views
Liked least: smell of sulfur from shower water
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Sep 12, 2016
I am so happy you had a great time at the ranch. I am lucky that I can share the beauty of the ranch with others. When I am up in the loft I always am amazed by the views. Better than what I see. I have put a sulphur softener in now so hopefully the odor will be diminished. I do hope you will come back and it will be great to see you and your family again. Best, Francie
mphart
Clarksville, Indiana
“In the country Heaven!”
Reviewed April 16, 2016 for a stay in August 2015
person found this review helpful

Out of the way but well worth it! Great views, Animals, and great accommodations! If you like the country this is well worth renting. I was also happy I could help Frances instead of giving my money to a big name hotel. Renting here you get more value for that money too.
The place was well kept. everything in working order. TV is Basic but adequate. A nice apartment over an horse barn. In the middle of great views. The shower water is well water but manageable. No AC but with the windows open I was fine and I need my AC. I highly recommend this Loft to anyone!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Remotness on a working farm.
Liked least: Well water for shower but it is not bad.
Traveling group: Friends
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
Apr 17, 2016
Good morning Michael, Hope you are well and thank you for your lovely review. It was my totally my pleasure to have you at the ranch and meet you. Best, Francie
Jane G
Ivybridge, United Kingdom
“Perfect peaceful retreat, wonderful views, so relaxing”
Reviewed August 24, 2015 for a stay in August 2015

Such a wonderful barn to stay in with our family - perfect to relax after a day sightseeing in local area! Just make sure to pick up food and supplies in local town before heading out to the barn and there are no shops nearby. But the peace is part of the charm of this place, we loved it and would go back again.

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: Peace, tranquility and stunning views
Liked least: Distance from Durango
Your age range 35-49
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Aug 25, 2015
Hi Jane, Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review. I hope you had a wonderful and memorable vacation and thank you for visiting us at HD Ranch. It was great to meet you and yur family. Best, Francie
Sarah B
Reisterstown, Maryland, United States
“Amazing stay on a working horse farm!”
Reviewed August 3, 2015 for a stay in July 2015

My husband, son, and I stayed here for five nights. We couldn't believe how spacious the place is. It has incredible views on all sides. The bedroom faces sunrise and we watched sunrise with beautiful horses prancing in the fields. Francie, the owner, and Trevor, the foreman, were very helpful and made sure we had everything we needed. The place is quiet and secluded, but close enough for all the attractions in Mesa Verde and Durango. We were so sad to leave, but happy we had found this place and have wonderful memories. Thank you!

Liked best: The views
Liked least: Nothing
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
Aug 4, 2015
Hi Sarah, I am so happy you had a good vacation and thank you for staying at HD Ranch and it was wonderful to meet you and your family. It always makes me smile to know you enjoyed the ranch. Please come back! Best, Francie
332beverl...
Aurora, Colorado
“Secluded, comfortable retreat!”
Reviewed July 12, 2015 for a stay in July 2015
person found this review helpful

We thoroughly enjoyed spending time at this working horse ranch. It was close enough to Durango and nearby hiking that we could enjoy all the area had to offer. It was fun to watch all the activity on the ranch! Our city dogs loved the freedom of running safely off leash, experiencing life as a ranch dog! Our 2 year old golden retriever didn't want to leave!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The remoteness of the property and the comfortable accommodations.
Liked least: That we could only stay one week.
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
Aug 4, 2015
Thank you so much for writing a review and I am so happy that you had a wonderful time. That is most important to me that so many can enjoy the ranch! Have a wonderful fall. Best, Francie
Front Royal, Virginia
Reviewed May 5, 2015 for a stay in May 2015

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Beautiful surroundings and fantastic interior.
Liked least: Totally satisfied.
Traveling group: Extended Family
Your age range 65+
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
Jul 5, 2015
Thank you so much for your generous review. I am so glad you had a wonderful time as that is my goal is for everyone to enjoy the ranch!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing