“Luxury accommodation on working horse ranch”
Guest House side view
Guest back side view Front view of guest house
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Guest back side view
Front view of guest house
view of ranch
garden at ranch
barn and mountains
guest house living room
living and kitchen area
loft in guest house
loft beds
guest bedroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
wilfvogan
Pontyclun, United Kingdom
“Luxury accommodation on working horse ranch”
Reviewed June 23, 2015 for a stay in May 2015

This was one of the best accommodation on our month long trip. Francie & her staff were very welcoming & the hound dogs greeted us as well . The all pine wooden house inside & out was splendid & tastefully furnished & well equipped. The sunsets & night starry skies were fantastic. After a tiring day of sightseeing the hot tub followed by a BBQ was very welcome.
You need to like dogs if you stay here. It is truly a magnificent setting with a friendly helpful staff. The ride on the narrow gauge railway Durango to Silverton is a must but only go by train & come back on coach. Mesa Verde visit is also a must. The Olio Restaurant in Marcos is well worth a visit. Jason's cooking is superb.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The structure of the house
Liked least: nothing
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
Jul 5, 2015
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I hope the hounds did not bother you too much. They do love the guests and sometimes get a bit in the way. I am happy you had a wonderful time and it was truly my pleasure to have you as guests!
Catzas
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Wonderful weekend in the mountains!”
Reviewed September 23, 2014 for a stay in September 2014

I stayed in the cabin for a long weekend with my husband and three year old daughter and we could not have been happier. The cabin was warm, inviting, and immaculate. The setting is spectacular and so secluded and yet a comfortable drive to both Durango and Mesa Verde. My daughter loved the horses, the dogs, the hot tub, and the charming upstairs loft. This was the perfect weekend getaway, so much more comfortable (and affordable) than a hotel! We will be back!

Traveling group: Young Children
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Oct 1, 2014
Thank you so much for the lovely review and it was my pleasure to have you here and share the ranch with your family. That is my goal and my hope for everyone to enjoy the beauty and relax. Francie
Dianne F
Lincoln, Nebraska
“LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed September 23, 2014 for a stay in September 2014

My husband, myself and our two dogs stayed at the cabin for 10 days in September 2014, we had the absolute BEST time!! The cabin was so spacious, all amenities were present, the hot tub was so fun in the evening after shopping/hiking, etc-the visits from Francie's coonhounds was just too cute! We loved the fact of the quietness of the area, truly appreciating the fenced acres so our Collie and Bassett Hound could play with each other...close enough to Durango, fantastic views of mountains, horses to gaze upon, beautiful starry nights, sounds of coyotes in the distance!! Francie was VERY NICE and VERY GRACIOUS, had great suggestions for hikes..we are already counting down the days till next year's vacation, hopefully at this AWESOME cabin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Every single thing!!!
Liked least: Leaving(:
Your age range 50-64
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
Oct 1, 2014
Thank you both so much for staying at HD Ranch and the pleasure really was mine as I love to share the ranch with so many wonderful people like yourself. I adored your dogs and happy that Blueberry was able to train your collie a bit..LOL. You both are avid hikers and did you ever make the Purgatory Trail? I look forward to seeing all four of you again. Best, Francie
Ge0ff45
Denver, Colorado
“What a wonderful weekend getaway!”
Reviewed August 14, 2014 for a stay in August 2014
people found this review helpful

This charming cabin was the perfect long weekend getaway for us! The ranch is beautiful and the cabin was warm and inviting and immaculate. Francie, the owner, could not have been nicer or more helpful. We get to Durango frequently and HD Ranch is now our new "go to" accomodation. Quiet, romantic, private, and in a spectacular setting. Highly recommended!

Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Oct 1, 2014
Thank you so much for the review and so happy you had a wonderful time as that is what is all about on a getaway. I love sharing the ranch with so many and please some back. Best, Francie
rollinrra...
Texas
“This is an awesome cabin on a beautiful horse ranch!”
Reviewed August 6, 2014 for a stay in September 2012
people found this review helpful

My husband and I visited this cabin to celebrate our anniversary a couple of years ago. We cannot wait to go back! Everything about it was wonderful. The decor was perfect for the setting, the cabin was spotless and cozy, and the wrap-around porch was ideal for happy hour, as well as coffee in the mornings. The owner made sure we had everything we needed. The most pleasant surprise was watching a new colt discover his jumping abilities! An added pleasure was the visits by the lovable resident hound dogs. If you love nature and beautiful surroundings, this is THE spot for your vacation!
Joyce and Kevin Malatek

Aug 7, 2014
Hello Joyce and Kevin, Thank you for your kind words and it was wonderful to have you visit the ranch and please come back in the near future. Redford is still here and just jumping bigger fences now. Best, Francie
PeterGood...
United Kingdom
“The cabin (not the loft)”
Reviewed July 7, 2014 for a stay in June 2014
person found this review helpful

There is no mention about the water supply smelling of 'bad eggs' in the owners description. Using the shower and washing up was not a good experience. Some bedding, towels, and bathroom floor mats had holes in them and are past their best. Our sheet had blood stains. There were blood spots on the toilet seat and cistern. The soaps and toiletries referred to by a previous reviewer were actually half used bars of soap and bottles of shampoo, hotel freebies etc. probably left by previous guests (toiletries and soft soap were provided). Under the upstairs beds was a pair of cut off jeans, a pair of dirty socks, a t shirt a dime bar other debris and an ample covering of dust. Everything had a layer of dust and grime.

We spent our first full day of our 2 week stay cleaning, washing ornaments and shelves, washing the floors, and dusting books including 40 year old National Geographic magazines and old 2012/13 local tourism brochures. We opened the toaster and scraped out the debris which was hardened inside. The DVD player was faulty. After being surprised by the overall poor level of cleanliness we did not use the Jacuzzi. There is no air conditioning just fans. The lack of blinds on windows prevents you restricting the sun and heat during the hottest parts of the day. The table lamp shade is dilapidated. There are no smoke detectors and yet there were numerous (used and grubby) candles throughout the house. There was a fire extinguisher in a cupboard and not affixed in a suitable position.

When we arrived Yvette warned us about the poor water and said a treatment system was being considered. This should have been mentioned in the owners description. She also said there was no housekeeping and they relied on each guest to leave the house ready for the next guest. This is not a satisfactory cleaning solution to the inevitable build up of dirt. A proper cleaning regime is required and thorough checks should be made before each new guest arrives. We fail to understand why previous guests write such glowing reports perhaps it's because most are very short stays.

We have photographs of these issues if any one would like to see them.

Positives? lovely dogs, excellent scenery, great area, Yvette.

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Liked best: The dogs and Yvette
Liked least: Smelly water, lack of air conditioning, cleanliness.
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Jul 20, 2014
Hello, I am so sorry to read your review and only wish you would have talked to me when I got back from my horseshow about some of the items you mentioned. The water is good water but comes from a well and therefore has a sulphur smell to it. I provide great drinking water from a reverse omosis systme that is located on the kitchen sink. The water has been tested and is just fine and to reduce the well water smell we are installing a charcoal filter system. I am sorry you found the old bath mats that were hinden under the shelves as there were brand new mats located on the floor and around the toilet and tub.
I have a carbon monoxide alarm which is law here in Colorado and I am sorry you found the fire extinguisher inadequate in the kitchen cabinet.
I was not the one that cleaned that guest house when you arrived and all my other guests are have been thrilled with the cleaniness of the guest house as the many past reviews have indicated. I provide wonderful body soap and shampoo and conditioner on the shower shelf and the little toileties are left by guests and they are under the sink not to use unless someone likes to use them. As far as the cleaning of the guest house I hire someone to do that after the guests leave and because I do not charge a cleaning deposit which most everyone is happy about I ask my guests to please pay it forward. I apologize that the person I had hired to clean while I was gone was unsatifactory and I will not use her again. Yes many of the guests leave lots of brochures that date back to 2013 and I just keep that information there for others to read and use. I do have blinds in the bedroom and most have found that the light is wonderful and again I apologize that it was uncomfortable for you. I am sorry your found the candles to be old as they were recently purchased. Yes they have been used but still are in wonderful condition. I have not been told that the dvd does not work properly and have not since so I only wish you would have brought it to my attention and I would have fixed the problem immediately. We sat down and had a lovely conversation one morning and you were invited to the ranches 4th of July party. You stated to me how much you loved the guest house and were so pleased. Thank you for your input and I have removed the old bath mats so no one will find them and I will not use that cleaning person again. Have a wonderful summer. Best Regards.
Pibrac
Phoenix, Arizona
“A Delicious Slice of Colorado”
Reviewed June 7, 2014 for a stay in June 2014
person found this review helpful

We traveled to Colorado with our two granddaughters, a teen and a preteen. We all were THRILLED with our accomadations. Everyone had their own space, eating two meals "at home" helped with the budget, wonderful views, beautiful cabin, ranch animals that provided entertainment and so many unexpected perks such as condiments, spices, and oils in the kitchen as well as shampoos and conditioners in the bathroom. The jacuzzi was wonderful after a day of sightseeing. We will definitely be back.

Liked best: Everything!
Liked least: There was nothing we were unhappy with.
Traveling group: Extended Family
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
Oct 1, 2014
I so appreciate your review and so happy you had a great time. That is my goal. Please come back and have a wonderful fall. Best, Francie
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing