“Beautiful Cave Ride”
Review of Rapp Corral

Rapp Corral
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer the absolute best in mountain trail riding and wonderful winter sleigh riding in the San Juan National Forest, just twenty miles north of Durango Colorado! Rapp Corral is an Equal Opportunity Service Provider/Employer and operates under Special Use Permit #COL770 from the USDA Forest Service, San Juan National Forest.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed August 7, 2014

I took the cave ride it was wonderful loved my horse Hopi and our guide was friendly and knowledgeable to the area and very attentive to you're needs and safety I recommend ridding here they match you're horse to you experience level I plan to ride again for my month long stay! Thanks Rapp Corral for making my vacation fun!

Reviewed August 4, 2014

Took two granddaughters on a sleigh ride in the snow. Rapp Corral was great with the kids, made sure we were warm and had hot chocolate waiting when we returned. Recommend.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

Loved this place from the first phone call. Tracy who answered the phone was pleasant and helpful and everything was perfect when we arrived. They are great about putting safety first, without long lectures to dampen the excitement. Our wrangler was fun and knew lots about the area and the wildlife and the trail was beautiful.

Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

My two children (ages 14 and 10) and I signed up for and took a lovely two-hour ride earlier this week and had a marvelous time. Each horse was chosen specifically for us by the people who know them best, and before we took off with our wrangler, we were checked and double-checked to make sure we were comfortable in our saddles and that each horse had a few of his personality quirks explained to us (my horse had an oak leaf habit). My youngest son was given a nice, small, mellow horse to ride, while my older son was given a horse to ride who went by the same name as my son :). I was given a Morgan horse to ride, making me remember an earlier girlhood affinity for the breed -anyone remember "Justin Morgan Had a Horse?" The ride itself was through beautiful country, as you would expect anywhere up around Haviland Lake. Our wranger, Mike, was extremely knowledgeable about the area and took great pains to make sure everyone heard him when he spoke and was very good about waiting for a certain slow person riding a certain horse who had an oak leaf habit. We were able to make it out and back before a torrential rainstorm hit the area, which I attribute to Mike's sense of timing of the route and the characteristics of the horses on the ride. This is the second stable we've enjoyed rides from, and by far the more quality outfit of the two. The horses are extremely well cared for and pampered, as they should be. The staff have an obvious love for the animals and what they do, and I'd recommend Rapp without hesitation to anyone looking to pass a pleasant few hours on the back of a wonderful animal in the midst of obscenely gorgeous scenery

Reviewed August 2, 2014

I took my family (including a 12 year old, 9 year old and 7 year old girls) horseback riding at Rapp Corral. I have ridden many time, my wife has ridden before but it was my girls first time on horseback. The horses that were given to us to ride were well broken, had a good temperament and were clearly well taken care of. Our guide, Taryn, made sure that the girls were comfortable on their horses and led us on a spectacular ride in the mountains. Taryn was wonderful with the girls and was very watchful without being too obvious about it. I could not recommend Rapp Corral enough and if all of the wranglers are as competent as her, you will have a great time too.