“Great Ride”
Review of Rapp Corral

Rapp Corral
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer the absolute best in mountain trail riding and wonderful winter sleigh riding in the San Juan National Forest, just twenty miles north of Durango Colorado! Rapp Corral is an Equal Opportunity Service Provider/Employer and operates under Special Use Permit #COL770 from the USDA Forest Service, San Juan National Forest.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Arlington, Texas, United States
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great Ride”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Great ride with great people. Our anniversary trip schedule changed in Durango but my wife wanted to got horseback riding. We called Tracy that morning and she agreed to fit us in despite their plans to close early. They are about 20 miles North of Durango right on 550 so we were able to get there easily and a bit early. Tracy was vey professional, efficient and pleasant to ride with. The horses she selected for us were perfect. Charley the horse took my inexperience in stride with good grace and manners. Thanks to all therefor going the extra step to make sure that we had a great experience.

1 Thank Dennis R

Flower Mound, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun Ride & Great People!”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Our family of 5 took the two hour ride and explored the cave. Of the 3 boys, only 1 was comfortable to start. The youngest boy had a bad experience on a horse previously. I told the staff about it & they selected a horse that was perfect for him. The staff spoke to him & assured him throughout the ride. Due to the staff, he had an excellent ride & now feels very differently about horses & horseback riding. The middle boy had never been horseback riding, again the staff spoke to him throughout the ride & ensured he knew how to control the horse. The staff made this a memorable ride for our family! We will definitely be back.

1 Thank Heather D
Hume, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Condescending.....”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

During a recent vacation, myself, husband and 11 year old daughter wanted to take a ride, so we stopped in to ask about what their rates/availability were. The young lady we talked to was condescending and told us that they wouldn't take us on a ride longer than 2 hours because of our daughter's age. In fact, my daughter is a very experienced horseman and can handle longer hours in the saddle than myself. I walked back to the truck and went down the road to Buck's. They booked us according to our experience, not according to their guidelines. In short, Buck's treated us like individuals, while Rapp's treated us as though we couldn't possibly know as much about a horse as they did, and they would decide what we could do. Grrrrrr.......I don't much care to be condescended to.....and I certainly don't appreciate it from a snot nosed wet-behind-the-ears kid.

1 Thank Kim H
AnneRapp, Owner at Rapp Corral, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you for your comments, we all strive hard to help everyone select a ride that is right for them, with out knowing our guests. The wrangler sure could have approached the situation in a different way! We welcome you to come back and ride with us...our three hour trails are now reopened, as they were closed all last week with some bridge repair. We will certainely have a discussion on customer service...because for us Customer service carries the upmost importance. Again, we appreciate your comments...and it is my hopes that this experience will never happen again at Rapp Corral!
Avon, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great to be Back-in-the-Saddle Again”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Excellent 0ne hour trail ride in the San Juan Forest. We found the staff to be friendly and professional. Selena, our guide, was wonderful and related well to both the children and adults in our group. I would recommend Rapp Corral VERY highly when you are in Durango.

Visited July 2013
“Fantastic ride, great people!”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

My husband and I took our two children (8 & 6) for their first horseback riding trip today with Rapp Corral. We did the 2 hr cave ride, and had a great time! We are big on customer service, so our reviews of things are always heavily focused on that. Emms greeted us with a smile and was engaging & sweet to my kids from the get go. Sarah was our guide for the trip & she was kind, relaxed, informative, & engaging with each rider..especially the kids! By the end of the trip, she had definitely made a new friend ....my daughter (6y/o) would have stayed with Sarah if she could! The horses were mild mannered, well taken care of and easy to ride, even for our first time riders! We would highly recommend this company! Great folks!