“Fantastic Fall Horseback Ride - The Rapps Rock!”
Review of Rapp Corral

Rapp Corral
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer the absolute best in mountain trail riding and wonderful winter sleigh riding in the San Juan National Forest, just twenty miles north of Durango Colorado! Rapp Corral is an Equal Opportunity Service Provider/Employer and operates under Special Use Permit #COL770 from the USDA Forest Service, San Juan National Forest.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Durango, CO
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Fantastic Fall Horseback Ride - The Rapps Rock!”
Reviewed May 10, 2011

I have horses of my own, and what I love about Rapp Corral is how well their horses are taken care of. It's important to me to see loved animals since they work so hard to take us around the mountain trails. The guides are fun. The trails are amazing. The trees are golden in the Fall. It's the only way to travel and you don't want it to be over. Thank you Anne and crew!

Visited October 2010
1 Thank durangotravelers

Norwich, Connecticut
“Magical!”
Reviewed May 9, 2011

Rapp Corral offers spectacular rides through the mountains. We also stopped to explore a cave. I have never been horse back ridding so naturally was both excited and nervous. The staff were very patient with me. This was truely a magical experience I will never forget. I would love to go back in the winter for a sleigh ride!

Visited May 2011
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“God's Country on Horseback”
Reviewed May 7, 2011

Rapp Corral was the highlight of a wonderful vacation to the Durango area. A local relative and expert horse woman told us about Rapp Corral. My family of four adults had a range (little to none) of horse back riding experience prior to the trip. The owner and professional, fun staff of Rapp Corral matched us with appropriate mounts and provided us with a spectacular adventure. The mountain trails were breath taking; we explored a cave and enjoyed an alpine picnic. I always felt safe and secure due to the staff and well trained beautiful horses. I would recommend Rapp Corral to any one, expert to novice, who is visiting the Durango area and would like to enjoy the outdoors. On my next trip out west, I intend to take another ride. Only longer!
Lennie from New England

Visited June 2010
1 Thank Artist51Lennie
Delhi, Louisiana
“The most amazing experience - the beauty is astounding!”
Reviewed March 1, 2011

Rapp Corral offers the very best sleigh ride in the Durango area. The scenery as well as the hospitality are exceptional. Visitors enjoy a three mile ride around Lake Haviland. The backdrop of the snow covered mountains along with the steaming cup of hot cocoa offered upon the return to the stable area make this the perfect outing for families or for couples looking for a romantic adventure. An absolute "must do" for anybody visiting Durango during the winter season.

Visited February 2011
NJ
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“A highlight of our trip to Durango, CO”
Reviewed December 29, 2010

August 2010 - We were 6 people - 2 adults and 4 kids (ages 6, 8, 12, 14) from NJ who had never been horseback riding before. We got a bit lost on the way to the ranch, but no problem, they waited for us. This is one of the few places that will let a 6 year old ride. It worked out great! They put him on a pony at the beginning of the group and the guide held the reigns of his horse. That was perfect as 6 is really to young to be able to control a horse on your own.

We took the cave ride which was great. After riding a bit and seeing the beautiful sights, we got off the horses and climbed down a steep trail into a cave. We were given headlights and went spelunking. Months later and the kids are still taking about this. Afterwards we climbed back up the trail and rode back into the corral. We did a few quick trots which thrilled us all. Very highly recommended!

1 Thank Daphnar