“street vendor noodles - YUM”
Review of Golden Triangle

Golden Triangle
Ranked #156 of 198 Restaurants in Durango
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Excellent thai food in Durango. If you have a cold and need an emergency pick me up - the street vendor noodles are my go-to remedy. Very hip and trendy bar, good drinks. Service can be hit or miss, depending on how busy the entire restaurant is (shares staff with East by Southwest). Not cheap, but reasonable prices for quality of food.

There are newer reviews for Golden Triangle

Reviewed September 8, 2012

We chose this restaurant because we had found it to have 5 star ratings on other review sites. Maybe we were expecting too much. The phad thai wasn't anything extraordinary --it was good, but just didn't seem like it was worthy of the 5 stars we had hoped it would live up to. Tasty, but didn't seem authentic.

When the waitress wordlessly brought us our check, she also brought us cotton candy but didn't say what it was for. We had never eaten there, so to us, the cotton candy seemed so random we thought it was a duster… It was just bizarre. My sweet tooth overcame the weirdness & I tested it out. Definitely cotton candy. Which is a good thing because I don’t like dusting but I do love cotton candy!!

Reviewed August 24, 2012

Service is usually pretty good. Food is good - could be a little more authentically Thai, but it's nice to have a good fusion place in town. East by Southwest food is usually a little better.

Reviewed March 9, 2012

We went on a Friday night at prime time. We were seated very quicly and the food was very good but the rest was terrible. Our waitress seemed interested in doing everything other than serving us. We were sat at the sushi bar and the waitress would fly by and hand us our water before disappearing again for a while, then fly by again with our wine and disapear for a wihle. We were ready to order but she never asked and just ran away. I almost had to physically touch her to get her attention as she'd go flying by us on her way to doing something else. She was in such a hurry to be done serving us that she didn't offer to show us the dessert menu and I to ask for it after she already brought the check. Then once she gave us the check she stood nearby chatting with the other girls about their plans for the evening after work while I sat ready to leave becasue I was too frustrated with the poor service by that point. I have no problem saying this was the WORST service I've ever experienced in Durango.

And here's the worst part!!! While I was watching the sushi chef's do their thing I watched one of them, who was wearing gloves, lick his fingertip with the gloves on to separate two pieces of paper and then touch food again without chaning gloves. I was shocked.

I'm not sure I'll ever go back. The food was good but the people sucked.

1  Thank Nick S
Reviewed February 24, 2012

Now part of East by Southwest with the mixed menu of both restaurants. They usually do an excellent presentation of the food.