“Good burger but disorganized service”

Diamond Belle Saloon
Ranked #6 of 196 Restaurants in Durango
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Take a Step Back in Time... the Diamond Belle Saloon takes you back to the late 1880s, saloon girls and bartenders dressed in period outfits. Live music every night of the week and live gunfights Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays during the summer months.
Los Angeles, California
“Good burger but disorganized service”
Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

Dined here for lunch with my spouse and a girlfriend and her parents last Monday. We were seated promptly (at about 12:20pm) and received menus and drinks. Placed our orders (nothing difficult, a bowl of soup, a cup of soup, a salad, and two burgers). No soups came. Nothing for about 35 minutes. We were catching up so we didn't mind the extra time. finally the chili we'd orered arrived, but it was a cup when we'd ordered a bowl. exchanged it. No food still. Then two of us had to leave for an appointment and we lit a fire under the waitstaff. Suddenly the salad, cup of squash soup, and two burgers appeared (where were they?) and we did enjoy the food.

The next challenge was getting the checks and paying them. The two with the appointment left and the remaining three settled up the check. We enjoyed the food but we were disappointed with the disorganized service at lunch on a Monday in April. Just wait until it gets really busy in July.

Visited April 2014

Sea Isle City, New Jersey
“Olde time saloon with character”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

My wife and I went to Diamond Belle on Monday night for dinner and it was a real experience. They had a singer and the room was full by the time we had drinks. The room is like being in an old saloon. The singer was very good and had everyone singing along and requesting songs. My wife liked her spinach salad. My diamond burger was overcooked but tasty. We each had a cup of soup but really was just half a cup. It was good but just not enough. The service was OK but not as responsive as you would want. We actually had one of the bartenders.

• Visited April 2014
Colorado
“Great atmosphere - food excellent, but...”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

...my granddaughter loves this place - for the Pot Stickers !!!! The atmosphere is great - always music on Friday and Saturday night.

The food was excellent - we had 2 or 3 or the appetizers - enough to eat and take home!!!! Pot stickers are great - the Artichoke Spinach dip is excellent, but they changed something on it. They used to have French bread w/it, but have gone to chips and flour tortillas. Their French bread was great! They did give me 2 "little" pieces when I asked for it though (and I mean little). The Thai Chicken Lettuce Wrap is wonderful!!!!

I've always had problems w/the service here though. They are very nice, but not too sociable. It is a busy place, so they are running around like crazy !!! (not enough staff). The waitress walked away from me about 3 times in the middle of a conversation. She did have to do extra stuff for us, but there was no extra "service with a smile". That tends to happen at places when you walk in with children. They tend to generalize that you're not going to tip that much (she could have received a much bigger tip as I am a large tipper).

Good experience for any tourist coming to Durango though.

• Visited March 2014
“Great food, Great people, Great music”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Located in the Strater Hotel the Diamond Belle was a great place to go and relax. We listened to live music. Small space so you need to be comfortable sitting close to the people next to you. It was such an experience!!

Visited March 2014
Monterey, California
“"The best hamburger I ever had"”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

We went to the a diamond Belle not quite knowing what to expect, we were greeted by a friendly hostess in full saloon girl get up and seated upstairs. The atmosphere was fun and nostalgic with live music to add to the experience. My husband ordered the Diamond Burger which was a patty made from brisket, ribeye and sirloin...he has had quite a few burgers in his day and he claims this is the best one he ever had. I had the Pot Roast which was equally delicious. The staff were friendly and helpful....we felt welcomed and would definitely go back.

• Visited March 2014