Fiesta Mexicana Family Restaurant
Ranked #51 of 203 Restaurants in Durango
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Every time I go to Durango to visit family, Fiesta Mexicana is a favorite of ours and we go for margaritas and very large meals. Margaritas seem to be getting expensive but the staff is always friendly with very good food.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

First of all, we heard in USA the service in the restaurants is mostly very good, because the people live from tips. We heard to give 15% or even more is usual and if you give less, the people feel annoyed. In this case I feel annoyed, that I should give tip for service which was just not endeavor to get it! It was our stop on the way to Cortez. Our service was an older lady. I would like to order a combination they offer on the menu, she seemed to be not happy with my choice, grin and as I asked why can I order it this way, she answered very fast in Spanish. It's Mexican restaurant, but sorry, I hope you may visit it also without speaking Spanish... After all we had our meal which was not to bad, but we just came from Texas and New Mexico and it didn't impressed us to much. It was to much for me at the end and I liked to take the rest with me. I asked for this possibility and the lady put wordless the box in front of me, so I had to fill my food by my own in it. Such behavior is not ok, if you expect a tip of 15% or more.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

The other Mexican restaurant was more highly rated, but it had a line out the door and in the end this was a better choice. Large place with wonderful carved furniture. Personnel and other patrons seemed like friends and it made for a very comfortable atmosphere. Food was excellent and the waiter attentive.

Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

We eat here atleast once a week. Great service and always good food. Amazing queso fundido, with awesome cheeses. We eat at tequilas, Francisco's, zia, and fiesta is by far our FAVORITE! Don't hesitate to have them make you something special. Hand squeezed, freeze lime margaritas are the BEST in town. No mix, all fresh!
Service is always personal, greet you with a smile and very hospitable.
For a sit down Mexican resturant in durango, this is my choice.
Mexican pizza can be shared and is oh so yummy!

Reviewed March 27, 2013

To start off the waiter messed up the order, and the food was mediocre at best. More like tv dinner mexican food. The grilled chicken was dry and the beans and rice were bland. The enchiladas were microwaved and it was over fifty dollars. I'm shocked that there are more than one of these restaurants. We sat in the bar area even though the place was not full. We also had to listen to the bar staff talk loud in spanish about their girlfriends, but my spanish isn't that great. Save your money and go to Taco bell instead.