“Will the wait ever end?”

Fiesta Mexicana Family Restaurant
Ranked #52 of 204 Restaurants in Durango
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

My family and I stopped by here on Friday evening for dinner on our way through Durango and were very disappointed in both the food and the service. Having just spent a week in the southwest we have eaten at many mexican restaurants and there was nothing special about this place. My chicken fajitas were nothing to write home about and our waiter assumed mt 11 year old nephew wanted to order off the kids menu, so he left the table stl hungry. All of this was made worse by our 45 minute wait for the food after we ordered. I don't know whether there was a problem in the kitchen or what, but everyone was waiting an excessive amount of time for their dinner.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

We love Mexican food but live in Michigan where we have yet to find good Mexican. We were excited to be out west again hoping to find some good Mexican food. We were pleased with our meal here - not the absolute best, but definitely good. Prices and food were good.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

I loved it, but had to waste most because the hotel didnt have a frig.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

The portions were good and delicious. The price of margaritas surprised us at

Reviewed June 14, 2012

First, we were tired when we arrived at the restaurant. The decor and staff were typical of a Mexican Family-style Restaurant. Next, some diners next to us spoke very loudly and complained constantly about goings-on in their personal lives. That was distracting, but cannot be held against the restaurant. My husband ordered a quesadilla and I ordered the 3 part appetizer which included part of a quesadilla, nachos, and flautas. The best part was the flautas followed by the quesadillas. The hot sauce was too hot for me and an appetizer of queso was expensive. The price was reasonable and the wait staff was very efficient. Our food was just average. Since we have 3 Mexican food restaurants in our home town, we think we are pretty good judges of good Mexican food.

Been to Fiesta Mexicana Family Restaurant? Share your experiences!