“an amazing massage in a natural setting”

Amaya Natural Therapeutics
Ranked #6 of 10 Spas & Wellness in Durango
More attraction details
Owner description: A great and lovely little spa with an oak soaking tub, saunas, great massages and a lovely private garden. Great find and reasonable.
Reviewed August 18, 2012

This is a sweet little house that's been nicely converted to a small spa with massage rooms in front and lockers and showers in the back. The backyard has a garden area and a large wood covered deck with a cold plunge and hot tub...both wood and Japanese in aesthetic. There is a step down into a large sauna. The space is clean natura and very peaceful. My massage with Ryan was unbelievably good. Its the most relaxed ive felt in a long time. The price was reasonable and the receptionist was very pleasant.

4  Thank webwahine

Reviewed January 18, 2012

Everyone was quite friendly and reflected the relaxing feel of the place. Great hot/cold tubs and sauna. The massages and luxuries (robe, tea, lockers) were greatly appreciated. I would highly recommend for a relaxing day.

3  Thank CJ F
Reviewed October 4, 2010

My husband and I went up to Durango for the weekend. He has never gotten a massage so I wanted this experience to extra special for him. Well it was....for him. The guy at the front counter was especially nice to my husband but was completely rude to me. He gave us both robes to change into and a tour of the place. He proceeded to carry my husband's robe and almost threw mine at me. He then took us to the mens/women's changing room and hung up my husband's robe and sort of just pointed to the ladies changing area and said I can hang up my robe in there, barely acknowledging me. Then when it came time for our massages, he introduced my husband to his masseuse and walked away leaving me sitting there waiting for mine. My masseuse finally came to fetch me and I had to introduce myself to her. No, it gets better....after my massage...my masseuse left leaving me to go change and never saw her again. As I waited for my husband's massage to end, they walked out and she went and got him a drink of water telling him to make sure he drinks plenty of fluids so that it would help remove the toxins out of his system after a massage. I have never been treated so horribly in my life. Next time, I will find another place that hopefully doesn't treat me like a pariah.

13  Thank DnJ73
Reviewed May 21, 2010

This is a little piece of heaven in the midst of a rustic Western Colorado town. Immediately when you enter Amaya, the world and its concerns disappear. The atmosphere of calm and peace extend to the garden and hot tub area. The oak tubs--hot and cold--are roomy and comfortable. The garden is beautiful and private. I walked in on a whim and had relaxing soak and a great massage without waiting. The staff members are very helpful and the experience rejuvenating. And all this a block away from downtown Durango. Great way to get the kinks out after a day of hiking, biking or skiing.

5  Thank PLewis4040