“If you're in a hurry or on a budget, this is the place to go”
Review of Zia Taqueria

Zia Taqueria
Ranked #11 of 202 Restaurants in Durango
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
Description: We believe in simple, tasteful, authentic food with an atmosphere and price that feels good, warms the soul, and reminds you that some of the better things in life are quite simple.
Reviewed August 27, 2014

Our son dragged us here while on a visit, and we are so glad he did. Sort of a cafeteria-style build your own Mexican food restaurant, it's informal and laid back. But, man, the food was fresh, tasted great, and there's absolutely nothing to complain about and everything to rave about.

Reviewed August 23, 2014

Awesome food, simple order-line situation. GREAT food! Went to the n.Durango store. Apparently, Zia uses local and natural resources for their menu - it all tastes great!

Reviewed August 21, 2014

Before walking in the door, I was expecting a sit-down, casual restaurant, but the model here is Chipotle Mexican Grill where you move through a line and tell the staff how to construct your taco or burrito. The food quality is excellent and the staff is friendly, alert, helpful and quick. I wanted beef crispy tacos with a side of rice and beans, but they are used to combining everything, so the beans and rice ended up in the taco before I could say anything. Nevertheless, this is good food reasonably priced. Seating area is small and, if they are busy, you may have a problem finding a seat. I would like a wider choice of beers, but $2 for a Tecate is probably equal to a Corona at $4, depending on your beer bias.

Reviewed August 20, 2014

Fast Food Mexican that tastes better then most expensive Mexican restaurants. I was on vacation in the Durango area and stumbled upon Zia. I sure wish we had Zia's in Ohio. I would eat there once a week.
There were too many choices to list in this review. What I can tell you, if you like Mexican food, then give Zia a chance. They have anything you would want in a burrito or in a bowl or in a taco shell. The chips and guacamole were excellent as well. I recommend Zia to all Mexican Food Lovers.

Reviewed August 14, 2014

Was looking for a quick bit to eat along with a drink. Loved the food here. The margaritas were tasty too! Lots of choices to pick from. Can't wait to go back and try some different.

1  Thank dmcinaz