“Always tasty and a good value”
Review of Zia Taqueria

Zia Taqueria
Ranked #12 of 196 Restaurants in Durango
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
Description: We believe in simple, tasteful, authentic food with an atmosphere and price that feels good, warms the soul, and reminds you that some of the better things in life are quite simple.
“Always tasty and a good value”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Zia's food is dependably fresh and delicious. As a veggie lover, I can get plenty of what I want, while my meat-loving companions are happy, too. They could use more seating space during busy meal times, so I try to time my stops there when it's not so busy. I go over there once or twice every couple of months.

Zia's has something of a fast-food atmosphere and can be counted on to serve up a meal quickly. I don't mind ordering at the counter at all -- I like seeing and picking out exactly what I want -- but if they had more seating so it felt OK to linger a little over chips, margaritas & meals, I'd give them 5 stars. If I were rating only the food relative to the cost, and not taking into account the restaurant space itself, I'd give the food and value 5 stars.

I've heard Zia's tamales are great, but I've never been able to make it over there before they were all sold out. Everything else I've tried has been great.

• Visited September 2013

Farmington, New Mexico, United States
“Fresh. Quick "tex mex"”
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Great, quick, clean food. Eat here very often while in Durango. Fast Service.
I consider "healthy" fast food.
Almost 5 stars. I just can't give "fast food" 5 stars.

Durango, Colorado
“great local Durango fresh mex”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

This is an excellent choice for someone looking for fresh, locally-sourced burritos, quesadillas, rice bowls, fish tacos. Chipotle/freebirds style assembly line style. It can get rather crowded at noon on work days as locals flock there for lunch, but is a very good and inexpensive place to get a healthy delicious lunch or dinner. Good place to take kids. The fried fish tacos with mango habanero salsa are a standout.

• Visited October 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
“Yum E!”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

This place is fresh and amazing. The baja style fish tacos I dream about! I liked everything. Ate here a few times during our trip.

Visited September 2013
Durango, Colorado, United States
“Healthy Quick Local Mexican Food”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Zia's is one of my favorite "go to" quickie restaurants. Even when there is a wait, the line goes quickly. They use a lot of local products when they can. The food is consistently good and high quality. The dining room is always clean and the staff is friendly.

Visited October 2013

Been to Zia Taqueria? Share your experiences!