“great local Durango fresh mex”
Review of Zia Taqueria

Zia Taqueria
Ranked #13 of 195 Restaurants in Durango
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
Description: We believe in simple, tasteful, authentic food with an atmosphere and price that feels good, warms the soul, and reminds you that some of the better things in life are quite simple.
Durango, Colorado
“great local Durango fresh mex”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

This is an excellent choice for someone looking for fresh, locally-sourced burritos, quesadillas, rice bowls, fish tacos. Chipotle/freebirds style assembly line style. It can get rather crowded at noon on work days as locals flock there for lunch, but is a very good and inexpensive place to get a healthy delicious lunch or dinner. Good place to take kids. The fried fish tacos with mango habanero salsa are a standout.

• Visited October 2013

Phoenix, Arizona
“Yum E!”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

This place is fresh and amazing. The baja style fish tacos I dream about! I liked everything. Ate here a few times during our trip.

Visited September 2013
Durango, Colorado, United States
“Healthy Quick Local Mexican Food”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Zia's is one of my favorite "go to" quickie restaurants. Even when there is a wait, the line goes quickly. They use a lot of local products when they can. The food is consistently good and high quality. The dining room is always clean and the staff is friendly.

Visited October 2013
Lakewood, Colorado
“Fresh (and somewhat fast) Mexican food!”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We went to the location at the south side of Durango. Similar to Q'Doba in how you order your food, but MUCH healthier and more delicious. You tell them what you want and walk down the line and tell them what to add to it. We were from out of town and went with a local, who raved about the Yahoo fish salad (or tacos, I suppose, but we had the salad). It was a Friday night and the line was out the door, so my friend went in and told them we'd be ordering the yahoo fish salads so that they'd start grilling the fish, which apparently takes some time. By the time we got to the beginning-of-the-end of the line, the fish was still not ready but we only had to wait a couple more minutes then we got to cut back in line and move on. Down the line we had them add whatever we wanted, including fresh cilantro and some sauces I can't remember except for the mango habanero sauce (YUMMY!). The whole salad was something like $9 or $10! A STEAL, with that fish! You pay at the register at the end of the line and get your food there then go find yourself a seat. The salad was HUGE, but I worked my way through it because it wouldn't work as leftovers (if there's lettuce in it, which there was). It was absolutely DELICIOUS. I don't think they have a bar but I believe they sold beer. It's not a real high class atmosphere but I wouldn't care if I lived nearby. I'd be eating there a lot! And one more thing, I didn't much like sitting outside because parking was right there and we kept getting headlights in our eyes as cars would come and go.

• Visited September 2013
Fairfield, Connecticut
“Fresh Mexican in downtown Durango!”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Zia has fresh flavorful traditional Mexican food. Features local organic produce with traditional Tex-Mex favorites. The fish tacos are delicious! I often get my lunch as a salad, a mountain of food that's less filling. A favorite regular lunch stop.

• Visited September 2013

Been to Zia Taqueria? Share your experiences!