“Fresh (and somewhat fast) Mexican food!”
Review of Zia Taqueria

Zia Taqueria
Ranked #11 of 199 Restaurants in Durango
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
Description: We believe in simple, tasteful, authentic food with an atmosphere and price that feels good, warms the soul, and reminds you that some of the better things in life are quite simple.
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We went to the location at the south side of Durango. Similar to Q'Doba in how you order your food, but MUCH healthier and more delicious. You tell them what you want and walk down the line and tell them what to add to it. We were from out of town and went with a local, who raved about the Yahoo fish salad (or tacos, I suppose, but we had the salad). It was a Friday night and the line was out the door, so my friend went in and told them we'd be ordering the yahoo fish salads so that they'd start grilling the fish, which apparently takes some time. By the time we got to the beginning-of-the-end of the line, the fish was still not ready but we only had to wait a couple more minutes then we got to cut back in line and move on. Down the line we had them add whatever we wanted, including fresh cilantro and some sauces I can't remember except for the mango habanero sauce (YUMMY!). The whole salad was something like $9 or $10! A STEAL, with that fish! You pay at the register at the end of the line and get your food there then go find yourself a seat. The salad was HUGE, but I worked my way through it because it wouldn't work as leftovers (if there's lettuce in it, which there was). It was absolutely DELICIOUS. I don't think they have a bar but I believe they sold beer. It's not a real high class atmosphere but I wouldn't care if I lived nearby. I'd be eating there a lot! And one more thing, I didn't much like sitting outside because parking was right there and we kept getting headlights in our eyes as cars would come and go.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Zia has fresh flavorful traditional Mexican food. Features local organic produce with traditional Tex-Mex favorites. The fish tacos are delicious! I often get my lunch as a salad, a mountain of food that's less filling. A favorite regular lunch stop.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

The North has been a consistent and frequent "go-to" place for us. Now the South location has impressed our "foodie" calling. Decision of which to choose is based only on where we are located when hunger hits. Both are highly recommended!

1  Thank Heather H
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Visit every time we are in town. Love this place. Burritos are amazing, and the kids love it too. Nice to see they have a southside location as well.

1  Thank Fria2013
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have only eaten here once, but on the way home I kept saying that it was the best meal I have had in a long time. The tortillas (I had corn) were light and tasty and durable. My taco ingredients didn't start leaking out the middle. I had a squash/corn combination, beans (all are vegetarian here) lettuce, tomato, pico de gallo and cheese. It was all so fresh and tasty I wanted to go back the next day!!

Been to Zia Taqueria? Share your experiences!