“best hot fresh fast food in Durango, co, hands down!”
Review of Zia Taqueria

Zia Taqueria
Ranked #11 of 203 Restaurants in Durango
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
Description: We believe in simple, tasteful, authentic food with an atmosphere and price that feels good, warms the soul, and reminds you that some of the better things in life are quite simple.
Reviewed September 24, 2012

it's Zia's fault that we don't try more restaurants in Durango! it's always so good. we make periodic trips to Durango to shop and run errands. when we need a quick meal, chances are we're stopping at zia. they use many local food items to fill the menu. the place is always packed with locals; from soccer moms to scruffy river dudes, to busy professionals. service is fast. they're so busy, they have to be! I usually go for the fish tacos or fish burrito, Baja-style. but I've tried many different options, and they've always been delicious.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

I mean that complimentary. Excellent ingredients and service in a fast food style of delivery. They build the dish in front of you with multiple choices of ingredients. I'm not a fan of this as it strikes at the heart of cuisine, but it is popular with Americans. Having said that, the Burrito I designed was excellent, service was quick and they sell Beer. It is a loud and raucous place, I don't recommend it for a nice sit-down, but take-out is an option and sometimes its nice to get a meal and go.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Afer becoming annoyed with local restaruants we dicided on something more simple. Smaller place, decent atmosphere and busy, which is always a good sign. We got a chicken quesadilla and the monday special which was enchiladas. The quesadilla was about what you would expect, nothing fabulous but good. The black beens and cilantro rice were unexpectedly, very good! The chicken enchiladas were also very good along with the rice and beans. The 2 dinners and 2 dinks ran us $17 which was very good value for what you get.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

we took our burritos to go after a long day of sight-seeing. The food was delicious; the ingredients are fresh and you can add anything you want. The line was long the day we were there but it was worth it!

Reviewed September 15, 2012

Great local joint. Don't even feel like going anywhere else when in town. Baja tacos are awesome! Being from New Mexico, I love that they make a good green chile with pork. I get that every time on my burritos. Great food at a great value, worth every penny. I can feed my entire family for just a few dollars more than Taco Bell, do you need any other reason to come? Seriously, outstanding local gem! Keep it up.