“Good food, slow service”
Review of Zia Taqueria

Zia Taqueria
Ranked #11 of 203 Restaurants in Durango
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
Description: We believe in simple, tasteful, authentic food with an atmosphere and price that feels good, warms the soul, and reminds you that some of the better things in life are quite simple.
Reviewed July 7, 2012

The food was good but the service was slow. Perhaps it was a odd event.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

There are two locations for Zia Taqueria-- Mapquest sent us to the one on Girard which was a food truck beside Ska Brewery. Nice clean Airstream, picnic tables, some umbrellas for shade, very pleasant outdoor atmosphere. It took less than 10 minutes to order and get the food. Long enough for us to get situated by moving around some of the seating and adjusting the sugar level in my tea (it comes unsweetened), so no complaints about the service.

All seven of us ordered the fish and/or the shrimp tacos, so I wasn't able to taste any of the other menu items. Each order had two tacos and some corn chips. I ordered mine with rice and black beans. It was filled with just the right amount to give me lusciously plumped flour tortillas with plenty of tasty fish or shrimp, topped with switchbacks of several sauces. Everything blended well. It was delicious and while I was definitely full, I wasn't uncomfortably stuffed. Because I wasn't going to leave a single bite behind! The iced tea was good too.

Next time we go through Durango I know where I want to eat again.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

The best mexican food in Durango. Their menu rivals any mexican restaurant in Southern California.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

We went to a outdoor celebration catered by Zia, (not our first experience) and they run a smooth operation! The food is exceptional, the owners/staff are friendly and professional, and everything is so clean! I've never heard a negative comment. Go Zia!

Reviewed June 26, 2012

When my daughter decided to use Zia’s catering for her recent wedding, I was a bit hesitant. It seemed almost too simple. My favorite part of Zia’s is the freshness of all the food. I was doubtful that freshness and catering could go together. Was I ever wrong! They did a fantastic job. Everyone loved the food, everything was hot and fresh. They provided a team to serve the food and they did a great job. All I can say is my daughter is brilliant and has great taste!

Been to Zia Taqueria? Share your experiences!