New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“pleasant surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

Chose this due to trip advisor ratings and were they correct. Had a bit of difficulty contacting Tom, the owner/operator because the phone number on trip advisor is wrong, but if you go to his website from the ta link, the correct number is there. Email does not work. Seems Mrs. Tom set up website and she is no longer around and Tom does not know passwords. But once we hooked up, the site was magnificent, the horses were nice, and Tom even had mounting steps to help this old broad broad get on and off my horse, Banks. Grandson and his parents and I all rode for total $140 ($35 per person for an hour). Only ten miles north of Durango and much nicer environs than other stable choices on hwy 550.

Visited June 2014

Saint Charles, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Honeymoon Horseback Riding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

We came to Durango on our honeymoon and decided to give horseback riding a shot. We originally chose to go with hole in the wall because it seemed like the most bang for your buck, being $55 for two hours. After our ride I am so glad we chose them! Neither of us had any horseback riding experience. Ben and Dylan were really helpful and made us feel comfortable. They took us out through forest areas, a lake, a cliff, and a river gorge. Everything was beautiful! The views are really amazing and they'll offer to take pictures for you! The horses here are not confined to a stable. They are free to run around the property and I really think that contributes to the happiness of the horses! Great ride and great guides!

Visited May 2014
2 Thank DNEzell
Durango, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best Horseback riding in town!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014

Just returned from a fabulous riding trip with Ben & Dylan. FYI, my son and I are 'greenhorns' with little to no horseback riding experience and we were introduced to Bulls-Eye and Bo, two docile horses. We saddled up and were taken through some absolutely gorgeous trails by lakes and majestic cliff- views. Out two tour guides were friendly and knowledgeable. You simply can't do it any better.... VERY satisfied!

Visited May 2014
2 Thank mjg94
Durango
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

We had a private tour near the end of the season. they didn't take the full two hours because the wrangler had a second job, but they gave us a discount, so I feel like we were made whole. They advertise the best views in Colorado, but there is only one part where you go up by a cliff and they let you get your picture taken. the horses were pretty good looking (yes that matters to me). Mine even trotted a little and jumped, which I didn't mind because I have ridden. But there was a hint of shadyness to the affair - there was no real stable, just horses in the woods, and the wrangler picked us up in a dirty truck to get down to the horses.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank John K
Hartford, Connecticut
66 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Fantastic First Ride For Family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

My family and I, who have virtually no equestrian experience, took a two hour ride on August 7, 2013. Dillon and Ben, who work for the stables, were very patient and guided us through the initial mounting of the horses and subsequent ride. The ride itself was fantastic, winding through beautiful ponderosa pine forests and along multiple lakes. It was a memorable experience and we were all glad that we did it. I highly recommend the Hole in the Wall Stables!

Visited August 2013