Our group of seven had a wonderful ski experience at the Purgatory Mountain Lodge. We splurged for a two bedroom/two bathroom condo, and the convenient ski-in/ski-out location was great for our family. The lodge offers underground parking, private ski lockers, and discounts on rental equipement and lift tickets.
1. Location, location, location! This was truly ski-in/ski-out, with a private entrance just a few feet away from the ski school meeting areas and the main Village express lift. The private ski lockers were convenient, and our kids could leave their skis on the racks and use their room keys to go up to our unit by themselves. It was so quick & easy to get on the lifts before the crowds arrived, grab a quick lunch, and get back on the slope.
2. Beautiful decor with comfortable beds and very spacious bathrooms. I LOVED having a his & her vanity in the master bath, and my husband enjoyed soaking in the tub.
3. Nice kitchen, with spacious pantry & cabinets, bar stools & dining room table that easily had space for seven. we cooked all of our own breakfasts & lunches, and two dinners during our five night stay. You may want to bring your own slow-cooker & tupperware for leftovers.
4. The Mountain club had a lounge area with a large TV, two video game areas, pool, foosball, and other board games. It was a nice place to hang out, right by the ski lockers. Many families enjoyed the breakfast/lunch/apres/bar options there. It was very convenient for bathroom breaks while we were skiing.
5. Sleigh rides, snow tubing, movie nights, village restaurants & shops were very convenient.
6. free wireless
7. Nice fitness room that my husband and oldest son enjoyed. They did not use the outdoor pool or hottub since it was too cold for us, but others were using it.
1. Our check-in was quick, but unfortunately another vehicle was parked in our "reserved" space the first two days...another space was found for us, but each time we had to walk into the lobby and get a staff member to find us another space.
2. Housekeeping didn't clean one day, despite my calling to remind them in the afternoon.
3. Bedrooms were huge, but could have had more drawer space-it was fine for four people, but not seven.
Bottom line-worth the splurge & we will stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just Steps from the Slopes and in the Heart of Purgatory Village Purgatory Lodge features the best location and amenities on the mountain! A year-round pool, adult spa deck, private club lounge, family game room, fitness center, ski valet and locker room are some of great amenities available to guests,owners,and club members. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Purgatory Lodge at Purgatory Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Purgatory Lodge By Durango Mountain Hotel Durango