“Vacation”
Review of O-Bar-O Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Durango
O-Bar-O Cabins
Ranked #2 of 12 Durango B&B and Inns
Amarillo, Texas, United States
“Vacation”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Best place in the world to stay. Mike and Maria make everything perfect. This was our 3rd year to stay at the O-Bar-O the cabins are perfect the views are gorgeous. Close to town but out far enough to enjoy the beauty of the mountains.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Englewood, Florida
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Everything was perfect. This place is rustic but so very classy with a personal touch. We stayed in Creekside and it was so cozy. The view from the cabin was beautiful. And I have never enjoyed a hot tub so much - during the day and under the stars at night! I am so glad that we picked O-Bar-O for our honeymoon.

• Stayed October 2013
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Reviewed October 9, 2013

The setting was beautiful, the cabins extremely clean and decorated with many fine touches. Maria and Mike where that most awesome hosts I have ever had. They went over and above their required duties as owners/hosts. I am very grateful for their helping hands when my 84yo father got sick, requiring an ambulance and their ever loving concern for him and our family during our stay there!!! My daughter's boyfriend catch a fish in the beautiful flowing stream outside the cabins (his first on a fly rod, with the assistance of Mike's lesson on fly fishing and the use of the facilities gear). The hot tub was so comforting after an extremely long day at my son's wedding in the mountains.

Fabulous stay!! Highly recommend this place and would go back again and again!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Hastings, Nebraska
Reviewed October 6, 2013

My wife and I spent our honeymoon in Durango, after 25 years we decided to return. I was looking for a peaceful, cozy retreat and yet easy access for us to enjoy some southwestern road bicycling. After several searches on-line I came across the O-Bar-O Cabins.... Wow, it was just how we imagined our vacation would be. Beautiful, cozy, well appointed cabin on a beautiful river valley setting. Everything was just as promised, and Maria and Mike make sure you have everything you need and are helpful with any question you may have. Aside from great cycling we came home to our cabin each day to relaxing and walking by the river, peaceful quiet, and hot tubing each night by the river while taking in the stars. The well appointed kitchens make it easy to create your own cuisine if so wish which we took advantage of. You simply just cannot go wrong with a stay here!

Room Tip: We stayed in the "Birdsnest" which was a perfect mountain hideaway for a couple.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Manchester
Reviewed October 2, 2013

My wife and I hadn't visited Durango in many years. After considerable time searching online for appropriate lodging in Durango, we found the O-Bar-O cabins. And, what a fortunate "find" for us that there was one available cabin during the timeframe we needed it. The cabin and grounds far exceeded our expectations! The cabin was first-class. The setting was idyllic. We enjoyed wine on the river every afternoon we were there. One of our first visitors after arrival was a very friendly cat. The cat seemed to like me. Its relaxed attitude and friendliness seemed to be a metaphor for O-Bar-O: very relaxing and friendly. Its a terrific place!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Grand Saline, Texas, United States
Reviewed September 30, 2013

One of the best vacation trips I've ever spent. Instead of traveling 17 hours by car we flew in, in two hours, and went straight to the O-Bar-O Cabins from the airport. Immediately enjoying the river, the Cabins, the fishing & hiking. It was wonderful and so relaxing !! The hosts, Mike & Maria, were like loving parents; graciously & unselfishly seeing to any needs we might have. Be sure to never miss the outdoor fireside chats with friends and travelers. And thank you again Mike, for the fly fishing tips ..... and tippet. It worked !!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 23, 2013

My parents and I stayed in the Ponderosa cabin for 5 very comfortable nights, and it was just perfect for us with 2 private bedrooms. The cabin was spotless, the furnishings were high quality, and the cabin had every amenity you could want or need. The spacious kitchen and dining area overlooking the river was very nice. Mike and Maria were super hosts. Mike helped my dad and I get oriented to local trout fishing, and Maria made sure every other aspect of our stay was wonderful. I honestly cannot think of anything I would change. Although I didn't have a dog on this trip, it's especially nice that they welcome guests with well-behaved dogs since it's often hard to find accommodations of this quality that also allow pets. The cabin location was far enough away from town to enjoy peaceful seclusion in a country setting, but close (20 minutes) & easy to get to downtown Durango for shopping, etc. I would definitely recommend O Bar O and come back again.

Room Tip: Ponderosa cabin is great if you want added privacy. Located at end of the property with 2 private b...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family