“Great food and service, only the name changed”
Review of Eolus Bar & Dining

Eolus Bar & Dining
Reserve with OpenTable
Eolus Bar & Dining is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 199 Restaurants in Durango
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 9th street and Main Avenue
Transit: Durango Trolley stops in front of the Cosmopolitan on Historic Main Street.
Description: From farm to table and vine to wine Eolus Bar & Dining offers something for everyone. The local bounty shines through as the restaurant features an array of local products from farms, ranches, vinters, and breweries around southwest Colorado. Offering distinct places to enjoy the cuisine the rooftop patio is covered providing ample protection from the elements while providing premium views of the surrounding mountains. The elegant dining room provides choices of tables or booths to relax and sample creative concoctions from the bar. Eolus is great place to celebrate special occasions so be sure to let us know how we can elevate your dining experience. We are open 7 nights a week starting at 4:30.
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Stopping in for a gourmet burger, we found the former Cosmopolitan restaurant in Durango to be as classy and upscale as it ever was. We each had the Gorgonzola and bacon burger. We were not disappointed. The bacon is extraordinary and the sides were fantastic.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I have eaten at Eolus at least 4 times since it opened and each time I have had great food--as have the people I dined with--and I have been impressed by their excellent customer service. The menu is varied so a diner can have top notch sushi, salads and/or entrees, gauging quantity and price to their liking. The food is not overly salty, a problem in many restaurants, and it is always cooked just right. The staff is very friendly and always makes things right if there is any problem with food or service. The atmosphere is very nice as well and not loud. Eolus has become one of my two favorite go-to restaurants.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

We had dinner here over memorial weekend. The staff was excellent and so was the manager, we requested a table by the window to watch our pooches in the car ( it was 60 degrees outside ) and they were very accommodating. We had the scallop appetizer and it was out of this world good. Our entire meal was wonderful.. We will definitely be back next time were in Durango.. We highly recommend eating here.

1  Thank Dogcruces
Reviewed May 25, 2014

My friends and I dined at Eolus over Memorial weekend. The service was very good. Friendly, prompt and very human. (our waiter was very sweet). The food quality was excellent but the price, well, I was suffering from sticker shock. I was curious as to what "lobster corn dogs" were like so we ordered them as an appetizer. 3 corndogs were served, each were about the size of a golfball on a stick. The price, $15 dollars. 5 bucks for a golfball. Instead of an entree I went with another appetizer, the scallops served on bacon with sweet potatoe chips. Once again, 3 scallops of average size (in my book) served over a bite size piece of bacon and one sweet potatoe chip. So 3 scallops, 3 bite size pieces of bacon and 3 sweet potatoe chips (just 3) all for 18 bucks. once again...ouch. Mind you the food was good but seriously I think I could've purchased an 8oz lobster tail for the price of the corn dogs and 3lbs of bacon for the price of the scallop/bacon app. My final choice was the soft shell crab sushi roll. Very good, very tasty and not bad for 18bucks.

This was my first visit since it re-opened. I remember why in the past I didn't frequent the same establishment (different name, similar menu) again.

If you have money to blow and want good food this is the place.

While I did enjoy the food I would only be able to eat here again on someone else's dime. I could only affford to eat here.....once in a blue moon.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

I had one of the finest meals and best mojitos ever at Eolus! The word Bar should not be included in the name even thought there is a large bar there. This is an elegant dining experience with a professionally trained staff. This is extaordinary since Durango is a seasonal tourist location. We had the seared ono with assorted greens, seasoned rice, and asparacus. Dessert was beignets with lemon custard sauce. The best part of the meal was the incredible service. We arrived early and there were tables available. If you plan on arriving after 7 PM then get a reservation. This place fills up with locals. I was referred to Eolus by a local who eats there regularly. First class in every way.