“Peacefull, Shady, Clean, Scenic, and Very friendly staff”
Review of United Campground

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Durango
United Campground
Ranked #10 of 20 Specialty Lodging in Durango
Reviewed August 1, 2010

We were welcomed by a very busy, friendly and helpful staff. The campground has large shade trees, level sites with great views of the area and train. This place is well kept and the restrooms were always very clean. Wifi, pool, cable all worked well. The PLUS is the free trolley to Durango and the Train that comes thru the campground. We will be back.

Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank katiescross
There are newer reviews for United Campground

Reviewed July 25, 2010

Being from Ca. WE KNOW NOT TO GO ANYWHERE WITHOUT SCHEDULING A SPOT, When talking to their representive, I was told that my confirmation number would be her name. On arriviale I was told they do not reserve campsite, and after having viewed the different sites was told that the four I had chosen, with shade, were not aviable and I would be assigned a site., After a personiable and long discussion with the owner, I was able to get a site, smaller then most, and grass covered tree roots, but some shade. Camp gound is located 1 mile from a private airport which does gluide plane rides, so if you want to lisen to air planes take off, under a load, all day this place is for you! It is also in a canyon at the base of the mountains and has a very gusty wind, about 25 to 30 miles per hour in the afternoon. Stayed one night instead of the five we were planning.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank zitt
Reviewed July 6, 2010

We recently stayed at the United Campground in Durango. We have stayed there many times before and this was not the experience we have had before. We are tent campers. They "crammed" all of the tent campers that night in 1/4 of the tent places leaving the remainder of the grounds empty. We were next to a family with three kids the yelled until way past quite time. They also put their huge tent right on the border of our space. On the other side we had two adult, beer drinking couples who also had very load conversations into the night. Not to worry across the street we had a barking dog. They do not enforce their own rules. They also build prefab condos on the premises so you feel you are sleeping in someones back yard. At 6:30am the truck came to empty the dumpster. Whoever hear of tent camping with no campfire? To top the whole thing off it is over priced. We will not return!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank LAtraveler42
Reviewed June 18, 2010

The experience began by standing at the counter for five minutes while the "hosts" debated where to put a long unit due in three hours. Not a "hello"; not a, "it will be a minute"; not a, "sorry for the wait"; just a lack of greeting with a long wait from two feet away. Their policy is to require a deposit sent in and then the remainder of payment at checkin; but they don't allow credit charges for less that $10, so be prepared to pay cash for the final amount. No soap in the bathroom. Sewer hookup was below ground and covered by dirt; hard to hook up. No campfire allowed. The spots were level, trees were nice, and the train came by often. RVs park close to each other with little room for a spare vehicle.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ScottandJanelle
Reviewed October 18, 2009

This campground was on the free shuttle route. A big plus in a busy town. The bathrooms were clean. It was a quiet location.

Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank caz0409
Reviewed July 27, 2009

This is a campground, not a Hotel. Camping here was "ok". Their idea of a pull thru is about 40 ft. I couldn't leave my car hooked up. The rates are ok, but some people paid more than they were quoted. The train passes thru park and blows whistle. Morning sleepers stay away from here. The view of the river includes an old ford and an ugly horse trailer. The pool felt about 90 degrees. I and aa few others will not return.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank JERALINW
Reviewed May 20, 2009

We just spent two nights at the United Campground in Durango, CO. This was not a good experience.

The sewer hookup in my site was about a foot below ground level in a small concrete "meter box" type of thing.

It was absolutely impossible to have an airtight fitting, which is required by law. I went to the office and talked to the owner's wife about this situation. She informed me I could go to Walmart in town and buy whatever I thought I needed. I told her I just paid $42.00 per night for full hookups and did not feel I should have to purchase any hardware to make her park useable. Then she told me I was welcome to go to the dump station. Again I told her I paid good money for full hookups and that includes a sewer at my site.

With an attitude like that from the owner, I would NEVER go to that park again.

Also, I called the county health department and informed them that this park was not in compliance with the requirements for airtight sewer fittings.

Also, the swimming pool looked like a frog pond and did not appear to be useable.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple