All reviewsother guestsbananas fosterbird feedersaspen roomevening dessertcookieshot tubb bshomemade dessertsnightly dessertscreme bruleespecial dessertwonderful hostsspacious deckwonderful homefrom scratchbeer and wine
Reviewed November 8, 2008

I stayed at the Country Sunshine B&B for 4 nights in september 2008. I enjoyed my stay here, it was the best B&B I stayed in during my 4 week trip to the States.
The breakfasts are very good & the owners are very hospitable. The rooms are very clean.They allowed me to do my laundry for free, which was very welcomed.There is a communal fridge that is always full of goodies for guests like drinks.Every evening around 9 the owners offer free deserts to all the guests.
The only gripe I had about this place was I stayed in the room called The Writer's Den & because it was directly below the kitchen, it was very noisy from 6 AM onwards, so I was woken early every morning. If you are an early riser I guess this wont be a problem. Regardless of this, if i was staying in Durango I would stay at this B&B again.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank flixflyer
Reviewed October 24, 2008

Walter and Jodie at Country Sunshine are the perfect hosts.
We spent 3 very comfortable nights here during a 3 week tour in the States.

The 'extras' offered by Country made this part of our tour the best possible. Not only was there tea, coffee and chocolate available all day long, there was a large fridge stocked full of local beer, soda and water.
This was also available to us and you were made to feel very welcome and you never felt like an outsider sneaking into the fridge!!!
Walter also made us all wonderful desserts in the evening. So after eating dinner out in town it was lovely to come back to one of his special desserts and an evening around the fire with the other guests.

The rooms were very clean, spacious and comfy and the breakfasts superb.

We always read trip advisor reports before heading off to a hotel and I can assure you this is very genuine and if we return to the area we will definately be returning.
A wonderful stay.

Stayed: October 2008
1  Thank Sandiefairy
Reviewed October 20, 2008

I have read other comments about how Country Sunshine made guests feel so much at home, I have to disagree. We felt nothing like we were at home where we are busy with chores, cooking, cleaning… at Country Sunshine we were COMPLETELY PAMPERED !! A pure haven tucked away among the billowing trees on the outskirts of beautiful Durango.

We have stayed at many B&B’s, and Country Sunshine tops them all. TEN STARS plus. We can’t say enough positive things about our stay – thank you, thank you, thank you for helping us make special memories for our anniversary weekend!

My husband and I arrived for our weekend getaway in the early afternoon. Walter graciously showed us around the grounds and home, making sure we knew where everything was located (our room, refrigerator with complimentary drinks, movies, teas, Jacuzzi, towels, even bathing suits if you happen to forget yours – as I did) and how things worked. He was quick to answer all of our many questions on where to eat, what to see, which trails for hiking, provided us maps and directions and a large selection of menus for local restaurants.

After dinner, we returned to be greeted by the other friendly guests preparing for one of Walter’s heavenly gourmet desserts. He made the very best Cream Brule I have ever had – just magnificent! One evening Walter and Jodi had all of their guests gather comfortably around the roaring fire downstairs and prepared the most impressive Banana’s Fosters! What a show!

The breakfasts were delicious (pancakes/French toast, bacon, yogurt topped fruit with walnuts), definitely nothing diet about them! All the coffee or tea you’d like, with fresh orange juice and the most pleasant visiting time with the other guests. Breakfast is served anytime between 8 and 10, but it seemed like most guests enjoyed gathering together and would meet at the table around 9 each morning.

We enjoyed the Jacuzzi many times, sitting outside under the beautiful trees. We even had a romantic picnic dinner on the back, far deck that lines the yard, overlooking the valley and watched the sunset. The grounds are well kept and the scenery is gorgeous.

As the many other reviewers mentioned, the rooms are quite clean (I am picky) and comfortable with every amenity needed; large bed and soft sheets, along with the luxurious soft, fresh smelling towels, all needed toiletries, well diversified lighting and even an overhead fan if needed. More than adequate space for luggage and closet room with hangers.

Walter and Jodi have created a warm, comfortable atmosphere in their home which is conducive to meeting and enjoying other guests (however, if you would like more privacy, you are more than able to enjoy your stay). We connected so well with the other guests (one couple was from England), we feel like we have made new friends.

Country Sunshine is just lovely! Perfectly welcoming and pleasant heaven. We too have stayed at the Apple Orchard B&B, which was very nice, but our stay with Jodi and Walter can’t be topped, we will be visiting AGAIN for next year’s anniversary!

As our children use to say when they were little and wanted more, “Again, Again, Again” !!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank kemss
Reviewed October 5, 2008

Jodi and Walter are the perfect hosts in a beautiful house in a beautiful location! We arrived late evening and were welcomed with a choice of Walter's delicious desserts, to be followed by an equally delicious breakfast the following morning. We stayed in the Golden Oaks suite which was very clean. The bed was very comfortable and the peaceful location of the house meant an excellent night's sleep. Our fellow travellers were very friendly and it was lovely to sit round the fire pit under a clear starry sky. Well done, Walter and Jodi - we think you have got this absolutely spot on, and we will definitely be back!!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank Scotsabroad91
Reviewed October 4, 2008

From the moment we turned off the stunning San Juan Skyway to get to this B&B I had a feeling that it might be a bit special - I wasn't wrong. On arrival we were greeted by Jodi who instantly made us feel completely at home and very welcome in this lovely property.

Our room was spacious and had a nice 2-level feature to it. The bathroom was small but perfectly adequate and there was an excellent selection of toiletries for guests' use. There are also complimentary drinks (beer, wine, sodas) in the fridge downstairs and free internet use on the main level. The grounds are also lovely - a large balcony surrounds most of the building and there is also a separate decking area and hot tub.

In the evening guests sat around the small camp fire Walter had built and stories were shared. In the morning he prepared a large and delicious breakfast (he is a gourmet cook) which filled us up for most of the day. My only regret was that we only stayed the one night.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple